Friday, September 23, 2011

Me Just Call Him Donut Face...

Hello again.  I realize that today's date is September 23rd and this is only my second blog post of the month.  I'm sorry.  My Mom has been quick to point out that her blog book at the end of the year is not going to be as thick as last year.  I have assured her that it will be... somehow.

So, I am now 14 weeks pregnant.  Woo hoo!  I am feeling much much MUCH better and am only queasy here and there.  I can deal with that.  I have been feeling the baby move (especially after I drink a can of V8 Original).  At the last doctor's appointment the heart rate was in the 160s.  This makes me think it is a girl because the heart rates have been almost exactly the same as Maleah and Carissa's.  If it was a boy I think it would be at least slightly different.  But who knows!  I have another ultrasound and find out the sex of the baby in 10 days!  I am really looking forward to finding out!!! 

What else is new with us?  Well, let's see...  I have fallen in love with my crockpot again.  Actually, more like the idea of my crockpot because I would really like to buy a new one.  But in the meantime I have been trying all sorts of new crock pot recipes in my old crockpot from the Crockpot Girls on facebook.  So far our favorite recipe has been chicken n' noodles in the crockpot.  It was super yummy and I haven't been hearing as many complaints about how I'm always fixing the same ol' thing.   The potato soup recipe was really good too.

Here's a funny Carissa conversation:

Carissa:  One time I was at chuuch (church) and there was this boy there cwying.
Me:  There was?
Carissa:  Uh-huh.
Me:  Who was it?
Carissa:  Umm, Donut Face. 
Me:  What?
Carissa:  Umm, Donut Face.  You know, he had donuts all over his face.  Me not know his name.  Me just call him Donut Face.  He cwied a lot.

This past Saturday Jason and I took the girls to St. Louis.  We ate at Logan's Roadhouse and then went to the St. Louis Zoo.  The girls had so much fun.  Carissa really wanted to see a lion and she did.  But her favorite part was getting to ride a lion on the carousel.  Actually I think it was a cheetah but we didn't tell her that.  She thinks all big cats are lions.  Maleah was excited to see the elephant named Maliha (pronounced the same).  We're not sure if the elephant we saw was her or not but we pretended it was.


My Mini Coopers

Jason, Carissa, and Maleah

Jason, Maleah, and Carissa with Maleah telling
me I Love You in sign language

We stopped at Applebee's on the way home and
Carisssa wanted me to take her picture.  Cheese!

A few weeks ago we went to Holiday World for the day.  The girls had a great time there too.  Our friend Calli went with us and had fun too.  Carissa hated the lazy river ("it's too code!") and the rest of us loved it and thought it felt great.  Calli, Maleah and I all rode a big waterslide together and it was fun.  And Maleah and Jason rode a different slide together several times and enjoyed that.  It was a great day to go because it wasn't too hot and the crowds weren't bad at all.  Maleah also got to drive an antique car with her Dad and had a blast doing that.  Carissa and I rode in the backseat of a different car and let Calli drive us.  Carissa thought that was super fun!  I think it was the only ride that she actually rode on.    Here are some pictures from that day:


Jason, Maleah, and Calli on the Raging Rapids

Waiting patiently for the others.

My happy girl.

Being chauffered by Calli

Daddy and Maleah in the antique car.

Our family.

My girls with Calli and Santa.

Carissa giving Santa a hug.

And that, my friends, pretty much gets us up to date.  It is a beautiful day here and we are all excited about another fun weekend ahead of us!  I'll keep you posted on any breaking news (i.e. gender of the baby.)

No comments:

Post a Comment