Tuesday, November 1, 2011

October Catch-Up



Well, we had a super fun and super busy October. We went to two different pumpkin patches during the month- Streif's in Flora and Shreve's in Fairfield. The girls had a great time. Although, by the time we left Shreve's Carissa was running a fever. She ended up having a virus for a few days but was basically just fine other than a fever. Maleah's favorite part of the day there was that they have a bookstore at the pumpkin patch and she got to pick out a couple of new books. Here are some pics from the afternoon at Shreve's.









Next on the list of October fun was the Flora Halloween Parade.  Maleah got to be in the parade this year.  This past summer she won the Becky Thatcher look-a-like contest that they had at the Kid's Fishing Day at Charley Brown Park.  So she and the Tom Sawyer look-a-like (Nathaniel Freeman) got to ride in the parade.  They rode on the back of my convertible and threw out candy.  I drove and Grandma Debby held Carissa in the passenger seat.  Everybody had a great time.  It was lots of fun and Maleah loved it!  Here are some pics from that night: 




Okay, so next on the list was trick-or-treat.  Maleah went as a hippy and Carissa went as Minnie Mouse.  They each picked out their costumes themselves.  On the first night we dressed up and went to Cisne.  We trick-or-treated at Grandma Sherrel and Grandpa Clarence's house that night.  Then the next night we trick-or-treated in Flroa.  We met up with our neighbors Steve and Payton Rose (Casey was home with a sick Sheldon) for a little bit of our trick-or-treat time and then we met up with friends the Duquaine's for some of the time too.  After that we went to Grandma Debby and Grandpa David's annual Halloween party and had chili, appetizers, and homemade donuts, plus got to see lots more of our friends.  It was a really fun night.  Here are some pics of the girls in their costumes: 








Here are some cute pics of the girls playing in the leaves.  They love to jump in piles of leaves.  Carissa keeps bringing random leaves into the house with her and telling me "Here.  This is for the baby."  I just say thank you and then I throw it away when she is not looking.  Funny kid. 







Finally, here are a couple of pictures of me in my Halloween shirt that I painted.  A friend of mine from church, who is also pregnant, saw the idea online and asked me if I could make her one.  I agreed to give it a try.  While I was at it, I made me one and another one for a different friend as well.  It was a fun project and turned out pretty good!




We had a really great October!  I hope November is just as much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment