Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Maleah's Big Day

Our summer is flying by so fast and we are staying so busy it's been hard to even keep my blog updated.  I'm going to back up to the 4th of July and tell you guys about Maleah's big day.

She was in the All-American Boy and Girl Contest here in town.  It is an annual contest for little kids, ages 3-6, to wear their swimsuits and walk up to a panel of judges and impress them.  There were 50 little girls in it, and 30 boys.  There are no microphones and the crowd can't hear what is being said.  It's just these kids talking to the judges and looking cute in their swimsuits.  I did it when I was little and from looking at the pictures, I don't think I enjoyed it very much.  Maleah was in it last year too and loved it!  She made it to the top 10 girls and won a small trophy.  I warned her this year that just because she got a trophy last year doesn't mean she would again.  But guess what?  She got 1st runner up this year and got a trophy almost as tall as she is!  She was soooo excited!  There is no telling what she told those judges.  We all know how much she likes to talk.  I asked her what they asked her and what she said.  She said that she couldn't remember everything but she remembers that they asked her what her favorite food was and she said "chocolate".  That's for sure.  That kid would eat a Hershey's candy bar for every meal and wash it down with chocolate milk if I'd let her.  I bought the super cute swimsuit that she was wearing months ago and wouldn't you know it, she went and grew on me.  So, the suit was a little tight and the bottoms kept riding up a bit but oh well.  I guess this is an instance where procrastination would have paid off.  But, nooooo!   I had to be on the ball and buy the suit months before the contest.  The matching hat and purse were "so her" too.  And no, I didn't tell her to pose in all of the pictures.  That is also "so her"!  So here are some pictures of her big day.



After the contest was over she performed with Das-zle (her dance and tumbling group).  So immediately after pictures were over for the winners, she had to change into her tumbling suit, then after she tumbled she had to change into her dance outfit.  I was worn out just changing her outfits and hair ribbons.  Whew!  She did great dancing and tumbling though.  I had never seen her tap dance before and she did an awesome job!  I am so proud of her!  Carissa was pretty proud of her too and kept clapping for her.  I love the picture of all of the little girls' tap shoes.  Maleah is wearing her orange Bryce Rinehart memorial bracelet on her ankle.  She never takes it off. 





Carissa's favorite thing about the whole day (I think) is that Maleah won a little basketball and Carissa got to play with it.  She loves to play ball!  What in the world?  Where did that come from?  I don't know what to do with an athlete and don't really enjoy spending time watching team sports.  I have a feeling Carissa will be changing that.  I plan to encourage things like Scholar Bowl and Band.  My kids will probably laugh at that one day. 





After our big morning at the contest, we headed to our friend's Deb and Paul's for a cookout and fireworks.  We had a great time.  But our kids were so exhausted that night!  And Jason and I were too actually.  It was a really big day and my bed felt so good that night.  To say that I was tired was an understatement. 

The next day we took some 4th of July pictures at Mom and Dad's house.  Here are the three granddaughters - Chloey, Maleah, and Carissa.  Somebody didn't want to sit still and we had a terrible time getting a picture of them together. 


We really had a great weekend.  We have so much to be thankful for! 

No comments:

Post a Comment