Monday, February 14, 2011

Lovin' Those Powdered Donettes!

Hi all!  We've been having tons of fun around here. 

I'll start with Maleah news.  She finished piecing together her nine-patch quilt top together and took it to school with her for the 100th day of school.  She was so proud of herself and I was super proud of her too.  So the next step is to sew a border on to the quilt blocks and then begin quilting it.  She is looking forward to that. 

Other Maleah news:  she lost another tooth.  This time it was on top and she now has a big gap in her smile.  I think she looks absolutely adorable. 




Today was Valentine's Day and Maleah took these valentine's to school with her:


She and I made them together.  Okay, not really.  I did most of it.  She kept getting sidetracked.  They look like an ipod but they are a box of conversation hearts wrapped in pink paper.  We glued on the playlist and buttons and then took string and taped two Hershey's kisses to them for the earbuds.  They turned out cute, cute, cute!  I loved them and so did Maleah.

Jason sent me a dozen red roses today that are absolutely beautiful!  I love them but not as much as I love him.  He is the best ever!  This picture was taken by our in-house photographer - Maleah.




Okay, moving on to Carissa news.  She is wild!  She is talking more and repeating more than ever.  Her speech isn't perfect and she pronounces "cat" as "tat" and "sit" as "shit".  We're working on getting it right.  Last week she locked herself into her bedroom.  Thank goodness for a coat hanger is all I can say.  It took me 10 minutes or so to get her out.  She was about to pee her pants the whole time and came running out when the door opened.  She headed straight to the bathroom yelling "Pee!  Pee!!"  She made it in time so that was good.  And then tonight she locked herself in the bathroom while she was with my parents at their friends' Nick and Vera's house.  Nick and my Dad rescued her that time.  I'm hoping she'll quit doing that.  Luckily she was locked in with the potty that time though. 

Here is a picture of her and her sister after having some Hostess Powdered Donettes.  Yummo.



The girls were a little sicky over the weekend but not too bad and it didn't stick around.  Thank goodness for that.  I celebrated my 32nd birthday this past week.  It was great except that I get irritated that it's hard to go out for supper for my birthday because everybody else is out celebrating Valentine's Day and the restaurants are packed.  I think I should get to go to the front of the line because it's my birthday.  Don't ya think?  So, instead of waiting an hour and a half to get a table we went through three different drive thrus.  I chose Steak n' Shake, Jason chose Arby's, and the girls had McDonald's.  I squeezed a package of ketchup all over my jeans while getting some nuggets ready for the girls.  It was lovely.  Happy birthday to me!

Overall it was a great week!  February is just flying by and I can't believe it is half over already!  Maleah's comment the other day was "When is it March already?!  I am soooo sick of February!"  Not only does she have spring fever but she knows her birthday is coming up in March.  I can't believe she'll be 6 and I really can't believe that my baby is going to be 2!  How did this happen??



No comments:

Post a Comment