Monday, June 13, 2011

Summer Fun: Part I

I know it's been awhile since my last post.  I'm sorry!  I've been so busy enjoying the summer that by the time I sit down at the computer at night I haven't felt like writing anything.  So this post is going to be a catch up post from the past two weeks.  So here we go...

Maleah finished up Kindergarten. She had a wonderful year and a wonderful teacher. She learned so much and is becoming a very good reader. She made new friends and was very sad that the school year was ending. She is missing her friends terribly. She also wishes she could have Mrs. Stanford again in 1st grade. Here is a picture of her and her teacher on the last day of school:  (Notice that she is wearing a jacket.  It was cold!)






Here is a great picture of Maleah and Aunt Angie at TGI Friday's.  We all went out to eat for Aunt Lori's birthday and had a great time. 


Maleah started playing tee ball this year.  Unfortunately during the past school year she heard through the grapevine from all of her friends that there was such a thing as "team sports."  She quickly figured out that she had completely missed tee ball and soccer last summer.  I couldn't keep these sports a secret from her anymore thanks to all those chatty little kindergarteners whose parents actually enjoy sports.  Soooo, she is playing tee ball this year.  She really likes it too.  She is a good hitter and has fun.  Her team is OK Automotive, which made her very happy because her Uncle Timmy owns OK Auto.  If her team t-shirt was pink or purple it would make her happier though.  She thinks blue is way too boyish.  Her team is all girls so was a little insulted that her shirt was blue.  Here are some cute pictures from the ball field:

Running the bases

Playing the field

Carissa cheering on Sissy.

She has had two games so far.  It was hot.  Even my calves were sweating.  I tried not to think about it too much.  If she sticks with this whole sports thing, I sure hope the games get a little more exciting.  They are a tad bit boring.  But she sure has a good time and that is what matters.  Besides, there are only four more games left to play.  I will sweat four more times for my daughter. 

Moving on, Maleah got a new bicycle.  She has been riding without training wheels since late last summer.  We bought her a new bike back then because we had a deal:  if she learned to ride without training wheels she would get a new bike.  She learned and got a pink Barbie bike.  It was super cute but it didn't last long.  That piece of crap had been ridden very little (since she learned at the end of the summer last year) and stored in the garage all winter.  This year we started going on longer bike rides and her pedals would lock up on her while riding for no reason and then the chain started falling off all the time.  The locking up of the pedals scared her half to death each time it happened because she almost wrecked every time.  She was a nervous wreck and in total Panic Maleah Mode.  (I hate Panic Maleah Mode!)  So we went shopping.  We shopped at lots of stores and at the very last store we found the bike for her.  Uncle Brad had told us to make sure that we checked out that store because they had a really nice pink bike.  Maleah fell in love with it and it fit her great.  She is now riding around happy as can be on her new pink bike that matches Mommy's.  She really liked that it had black tires because most girl bikes have white tires.  "The white ones just show dirt so bad Mommy!  I just can't keep them clean.  I definitely want black tires."



Well, I have a lot more to tell you but I'm too darn tired to tell it all.  It's 10:30 and I'm headed to bed.  I'll try to post again tomorrow or the next day.  I have to tell you all about Becky Thatcher, our camping trip, funny Carissa stories, and all of the swimming and playing we've been doing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment