Monday, December 23, 2013

Countdown to Christmas (and Surgery)

Well, December has flown by, just like I thought it would.  Time surely does fly by when you are having fun.  That is just so true. 

We no longer have any snow here and it doesn't look like it's going to be a white Christmas after all.  But we did have snow last week and the kids had so much fun playing in it.  It stuck around for awhile.  Maleah was playing outside one day and was so excited when she picked up this frozen chunk of snow/ice and discovered that it was shaped exactly like the United States.  I had to take a picture of it!  It was pretty cool (in more ways than one.  ha!)

Maleah and the frozen U.S.


We also had the Weaver Christmas last Saturday.  This was the first year that we didn't have it at the Round Prairie Church.  Instead we had it at the Cisne Community Center.  We had a nice visit with the Weaver side of the family and a great lunch.  The kids got to see some of their distant cousins that they don't get to see very often.  It was fun!


The kids playing on the folding chair racks.
There were no toys there so they had to make do.
This kept them occupied.

the Cooper girls

Trying to corral Silas for a picture - it
didn't work.
 
I think I am finally ready for Christmas.  I have everything bought and wrapped.  The stockings have been hung.  There are no presents under the tree though.  I figured that Mr. Silas Man would probably not leave them alone so they are still hidden somewhere in this house.  The girls are counting down the days until Santa gets here.  It has been a fun Christmas season so far!

My surgery is looming right around the corner.  It is scheduled for December 26th.  Please keep me and my family in your prayers.  I don't know when I will have time to blog again but I promise I will post Christmas pictures as soon as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment