Wednesday, January 15, 2014

I Dedicate this Post to the Cooper Family Christmas

Merry Christmas from the Coopers!  I managed to get every single Christmas movie that I had dvr'd watched by Christmas Eve, with the exception of The Bishop's Wife.   For some reason, AMC did not broadcast it until Christmas Day.  What is up with that?  I really wish AMC would get on the whole 25 Days of Christmas bandwagon.  But, no worries!  I watched it a few days later.


We had a great Christmas Eve.  We wrapped a few last minute presents and I stopped by to see our friends' the Duquaines and visit with them and their family that was visiting.  And then it just seemed like our whole day had just flown by and it was time to go to the Cooper Christmas at Jason's Mom's and Dad's house in Cisne.  The kids were so excited!  We gathered our gifts and headed that way.  Jason was extremely tolerant of my constant Christmas music all the way to Cisne and even for the previous few weeks.  I was really enjoying it.  My favorite Christmas Carol is O Holy Night, sung by John Berry.  I was a little disappointed that I didn't hear it on any of the XM Christmas stations at all this year.  Thank goodness for Youtube, huh?




At the Cooper Christmas, we had a wonderful dinner made by Jason's mom, Sherrel, complete with her delicious homemade rolls.  Craig and LuAnn were there too and we all had a nice time.  After we ate, we sang Happy Birthday to Jesus and blew out the candles on His birthday cake.  And then, finally, it was time to open presents.  The kids were about to drive us crazy asking us how much longer until time to unwrap.  Maleah and Carissa were both extremely thrilled with their gifts.  Silas was so excited watching his sisters unwrap but then he got into to it and loved his gifts too.  His favorite present was from Grandma Sherrel and Grandpa Clarence and it was a tool bench with tools.  It kept him very busy (and very happy)!


On Christmas morning the kids were so excited and thankfully slept a little bit later this year.  Maleah was up several times but the rest of us didn't get into the living room until about seven o'clock.  The kids loved their gifts.  Santa brought Maleah a dollhouse that she really wanted, Carissa an American Girl doll (Caroline) that she wanted, and Silas a big firetruck.  Then from us, Maleah got some American Girl doll stuff, a heated blanket, and a memory foam topper for her bed.  She really wanted all of this stuff.  She also got a bunch of books and a variety of other miscellaneous that I can't even remember right now.  Carissa got a Doc McStuffins doll, a big set of crayons, play food, a play computer thingie, and other miscellaneous.  Silas got a remote control firetruck, some bath toys, some Tonka trucks, and more.  The funny thing is that he was more interested in eating the M&Ms that we left out for Santa than opening his presents.  (I had heard on the radio that this year Santa was requesting M&Ms because he was tired of cookies.)  It's sad that it hasn't even been a month since Christmas and I can't remember half of what I bought them.  They just have too much stuff I think.


After we opened gifts at home that morning we went to my parent's house for breakfast and gifts.  My Mom and Dad always fix a big breakfast with homemade donuts and biscuits and gravy.  Yummo!  My niece Chloey and my Grandma Zelda were there too.  The kids were super excited about their gifts.  Silas got a four-wheeler - a battery-operated one that he immediately fell in love with.  I think it and the tool bench were his favorite gifts.  Carissa got some Hello Kitty clothes, a lot of Barbie stuff, and a lot of other things.  Maleah got a vibe-pod, puzzles, games, and other stuff.  It was a great Christmas all the way around! 




On Christmas afternoon, we all went the Oestreich Christmas and had a great time.  We had a very good meal and then played bingo for gifts.  It was a ton of fun.  Grandma Rose and Grandpa Charles were there and almost all of the aunts, uncles, and cousins.


Carissa has been into Hello Kitty big time ever since I took her to Build-A-Bear a few weeks before Christmas and she got to build a big pink Hello Kitty.  So all of the sudden the kid wears a Hello Kitty outfit almost every day and has tons of Hello Kitty accessories.  Her new favorite hobby?  Cruising Pinterest for Hello Kitty birthday cake ideas on her Kindle.  She is obsessed!


Okay, I have a ton of fabulous Christmas pictures to add to this but I am going to have to add them later because Blogger will not let me do it for anything.  I guess I need to do some updating to my operating system or something first.  I have Windows 7 and I guess it is just too outdated to run a blog anymore.  So, until I get that sorted out, here is the Christmas blog sans pictures.






No comments:

Post a Comment