Saturday, April 19, 2014

Nashville, Baby!

Hiya peeps.  We have been busy, busy, busy.  So much fun stuff happening.  Back in March I went to Nashville with the girls.  There was six of us women that went - four of us drove from Illinois, one from Tennessee, and one flew in from Colorado.  We had an amazing weekend!  It was so fun!

My friend Leslie had shirts made for us all that said "The Girls Are Back in Town" and had a pink breast cancer ribbon on them.  We were celebrating me being cancer-free.  I can't believe it but I didn't get a picture of all of us in our shirts.

We did a lot of shopping and we went to the Grand Ole Opry and saw a fantastic show.  Blake Shelton, Miranda Lambert, Josh Turner, Old Crow Medicine Show, Green River Ordinance, Clint Black and his wife, Diamond Rio, Ricky Skaggs, Whisperin' Bill Anderson, and several other "oldies."  We have always went backstage in the past but because this was a big night at the Opry (they were celebrating their 40th anniversary of the Opry House) we didn't make it backstage.  However, during the show, I realized that Josh Turner and I had the exact same haircut and hair color.  Cool, huh?

We had a lot of laughs on our trip and had a great time.  Thanks girls for making me feel special all weekend and celebrating life with me.  You're the best and I love you all!

My family missed me though and I missed them.  It's always nice to come back home feeling refreshed and ready to be Mommy again.  A break now and then does me a lot of good.

Deb and Anni

Me and Leslie

This is who we found Holly hanging out with when we got to the hotel.

She gave him her extra shirt that was way too small
and he wore it!  It was so funny!

Deb and I

The six of us at J. Alexander's

Leslie and I before the Opry

All of us with Dan, our friend that works there

This is how the show started, with all of the stars onstage together.

Josh Turner - See his hair?  Yep, same as mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment