Monday, December 14, 2009

Eleven days 'til Christmas! Say what, say what???

We've had a busy week around here. Or at least it seems like it to me. I can't believe Christmas is less than two weeks away! Where did all my time go? I still have gifts to buy (not many, but a few) and almost everything left to wrap. Wrapping is a lot harder this year because Maleah keeps wanting to help. She is no help. She ends up taking "scrips" (her word, not mine) of leftover paper and taping some ribbon to it. I guess a "scrip" is a cross between a scrap and a strip. That's all I can figure out. I corrected her twice and she told me I didn't know what I was talking about. She is so stubborn! Where did she get that from? Needless to say, I've already made one trip to Walmart for more tape and more ribbon and I've only gotten 10 presents wrapped. I think she needs some fun Christmas crafts to do. (hint, hint, Aunt Angie)


So, Carissa is sort of crawling. She goes backwards pretty good and forwards not so good. She creeps forward I guess, instead of crawling. She still prefers her "roll and pivot" method. I think the gifts under the tree are going to be her incentive to speed up. She really really wants those presents and her roll and pivot method is slowing her down. She is talking now! She has been saying "mama" and "dada" for a while, but now she has added "bye-bye" to her vocabulary. It is so sweet! She says it really softly. "Buh-bye" Pretty good for 8 months old, in my opinion. I think she is going to be another early talker like her sister was.

Speaking of her sister, she never shuts up! My lands! Can that girl talk! When I dropped her off at pre-k today, I was thinking how much she sounded like that girl from The Cosby Show. You remember, Vanessa's friend? She talked super fast all the time. That is Maleah all over! She talked, without hardly taking a breath, all the way from our house to her school. Then she talked all the way from getting out of the car to the front door of her school. I finally interrupted her to tell her that I loved her and to have a good day.

Maleah told me last week that she had helped her teacher remember another student's name. Apparently her teacher had a moment where she got tongue-tied and couldn't remember who she was talking to. Maleah told her "it's Corbin!". The teacher then thanked her and Maleah said "You're welcome. Maybe I should be President of this school." I think me and her teacher got a kick out of that. Later that day at home, she told me that she should maybe be "President of this town or maybe even President of this whole world!!" Wow. She has big dreams and a big ego.

She wore a new outfit to school today and after she put it on she asked me how she looked. I told her that she looked beautiful. She said "Do you think I look like a 1st grader?" I said, "Oh, you're pretty tall and that outfit does look sort of grown-up on you. I think you could probably pass for a 1st grader." Oh my gosh! That made her so happy! Apparently, she really wants to look like a big girl in 1st grade.

Since I'm behind on pictures I've put in a lot this week. I still don't have the picture of me and the girls meeting Gretchen Wilson. Holly still has not emailed that to me! If she reads my blog this week, maybe she'll get the hint. Anyway, here are some pics from my Nashville trip and Jason's big buck that he got. The first one is all of us "playgroup moms" at Buca di Beppos (or something like that) and the second one is all of us at P.F. Chang's. In the top one, left to right, is Leslie Warren, Kate Saulle, Me, Holly Emery, and Deb DuQuaine.












Carissa can sit up and pull up a little in her crib now so before we lower the mattress Daddy decided to take a few pics of her peeking over the edge. You can't tell in the pictures but she has three teeth now! One of the top ones came in on Thursday. They look so shiny in there when she grins.












We had a little bit of snow last week and Maleah took advantage of it. She played and played in it and was disappointed that it was gone by noon. She was able to make a snowman, although not a very big snowman.



Our sorority coat drive pick-up day was held on Saturday and it was a HUGE success! We were able to help so many families. It was really neat to watch the little kids come in and pick out a coat that fit them and a new hat and gloves. Their faces would just light up. We had several that put their coats on and wouldn't take them off while their parents continued to look. They loved them so much they didn't want to take them off. That was really neat. It sure made us all stop and think about how blessed we are and how much we take for granted. Maleah helped on Friday night when we set up the coat racks and she helped Saturday morning too. There was a pink scarf there that she really really wanted but I had told her that she couldn't have it and that it was for someone who needed it. I could tell she was really disappointed. But on Saturday morning she showed it to a little girl that came in and told her "I think this would look really pretty on you." Isn't that sweet? She wasn't told to say that, she just wanted that little girl to have it, since she herself couldn't have it. The little girl wore it out. I took Maleah to Walmart later and bought her an iCarly hat and a princess scarf. Maybe that was her plan all along and I fell for it? Who knows!













No comments:

Post a Comment