Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Because I'm Worth It...

We had a great day today!  The girls and I went for a ride in the convertible after school, had a Tropical Sno, and played at the park.  At last, it finally feels like summertime.  We are so ready for it!  Maleah can't wait to sleep in a little later in the mornings (me either).  Maleah can't wait to swim (me either).  Maleah can't wait to ride her bike (me either).  Me and the girls are totally going to have the best summer ever!  I hope Jason does too but unfortunately, he has to miss some of the fun because of a boring thing called "work".  We are very thankful though for his job.  Without him working, we would have no fun.  Hopefully though he'll get some time off to enjoy the park and the pool too.

Here's my funny Carissa story for the week:  A new resale shop opened in town this week.  Carissa and I went to check it out.  There are two rooms in the store.  The front room has kids clothes and the back room has furniture, toys, and baby items in it.  While I was looking at clothes, she kept trying to try on sunglasses that were displayed on one of those spinning rack-thingies.  I told her to leave them alone and the lady that runs the shop mentioned that there were toys in the back that she could play with while I shopped.  So I took her to the back and there was no one else in there so I let her play.  There was a red Cozy Coupe car that she was driving and since she was in a safe room with no other exits I left her alone.  She was alone for maybe five minutes in a room with lots of toys.  When I was ready to go, I walked to the back of the store and said "Okay Honey, let's go."  That's when I realized that her shirt was now tucked into her pants.  It hadn't been before.  Hmmm.  I figured that she must have had to go to the bathroom.  Miss Independent does not like to ask for help.  The problem is that a lot of businesses have big toilets and it is hard for her perch herself up there without a boost.  I glanced around the room and noticed that amongst the toys was also a few baby items for sale - two bouncy seats and a potty seat.  The potty seat looked just like the one we keep in the car (Yes, we keep a potty seat in the back of the car.  I highly recommend that idea for anyone with a toddler.)  This potty seat was green and ours is pink, but that was the only difference.  I asked her "Did you go potty?"  She answered "yep," as proud as a peacock.  "Did you go in this potty seat?"  "Yep," she answered.  I walked over, opened the lid, and sure enough that potty seat that was for sale for $5 was now full of pee. 

So I walked up front to the lady working and said "You know that potty seat for sale back there?"  I told her the story and we agreed that I could dump it out into the toilet, rinse it, spray it with Lysol (she handed me a bottle) and I did not have to buy the seat.  It was pretty funny really.  Carissa didn't know any better so I didn't say anything to her.  If you gotta go, you gotta go.  There was a potty seat in the play area so of course she thought she could use it.  I wonder if the owner of the store moved the potty seat up onto a shelf after we left?  I am glad that Carissa accidentally tucked her shirt into her pants though.  Can you imagine if she hadn't done that?  We would have left, completely oblivious to the full potty seat, and then some poor soul would have tried to have bought it and gotten a wet surprise. 

Let's see, what else has happened lately?  Not a whole lot really.  Here's an interesting fact for you though.  I can't paint my toenails at home unless I do it in the middle of the night.  You want to know why?  Because when I paint them during the day I have to stop and paint twenty other little toes.  And those little toes can't stay still and wait for the paint to dry so then I have little specks of paint in places that I don't want paint.  The other problem is that I am not the only person who walks on my feet.  Two other little girls walk on my feet too.  I painted my toenails tonight three different times because I kept getting stepped on and the paint was smudged.  It was very frustrating.  It really makes me want to never paint my toenails again.  I know this may seem like a funny little story but I was totally annoyed at the time.  Next time I think I'll just go to the mall and get a pedicure.  Because I'm worth it...

It's been a fun week at the Coopers that's for sure.  Oh, and P.S.  The chicken and noodles were delicious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment