Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Blah, Blah, Blah

Well, January has come and (almost) gone already and I didn't update the blog one time.  Sigh.  But here is the latest update on the Coopers:  What's new with us?  Nothing.  How are we?  Fine.  The End.

Just kidding!  I can elaborate on all of that but it is the basic truth.  It's just been sort of hum-drum around here lately.  Although, I like winter I am over it already for this year and am looking forward to spring.  I am ready to be out and about with the kids.  We have been staying in and trying not to be around crowds of people.  There are ton of people in the community with the flu and that is the last thing I want.  We all had colds a couple of weeks ago but we are all better now.  Silas has been getting his monthly RSV prevention shots and is one healthy kid.  Carissa and Maleah have been healthy as well.

In Silas news:  he had his regular three month evaluation by his two therapists and once again, they found no reason for him to need therapy.  That is totally unheard of for a 25 weeker to not need any therapy ever!  He is a rockstar, for sure.  He can crawl super fast and is pulling up to things and cruising along the furniture.  He hasn't taken any steps on his own - yet.  He says several words (mama, dada, baba, bye, Muh for Maleah, hi).  He likes to say Gaa! but we have no idea what that means.  He is eating table food but his favorite is still the organic baby food that he can suck out of the little bag.  I love it too because it is mess free and he can easily feed himself.  He likes to play the drum and the guitar.  Although sometimes he beats the guitar with his drumstick.  He got his very first haircut yesterday.  Stacey Earleywine cut it for him.  He had these little wings of hair growing over his ears and it was driving me nuts.  It had to go.  He wouldn't sit still and wasn't happy about the haircut.  Poor baby.  He weighs 20 pounds now and is just one awesome little man.

In Carissa news:  She got her hair cut as well.  She chose just a slight trim to the ends because she is growing her long blonde hair to look just like Rapunzel's.  She is really into Rapunzel right now and is quick to tell you that.  She is also into tea sets, baking, and markers.  The markers are a problem.  I have discovered scribbles on her bed, her play kitchen, her sister's door, walls, and honestly who knows what else.  I keep the markers hidden and put away but somehow she finds one somewhere and "creates."  She has gotten into big trouble for it but is unfazed.  Thank God for magic erasers is all I have to say.  She is unable to say the word "alarm" without following it with "clock."  We had a long discussion about fire safety and smoke alarms at our house.  And every single time that she says anything about a smoke alarm, she says "smoke alarm clock" or "fire alarm clock."  It's pretty darn cute.  She is also unable to say "Mr." without following it with "David."  Because Mr. David Koontz helps out at church and she has always called him Mr. David.  So now, when she refers to anybody else as Mr. it comes out like this:  "Mr. David Silas!" or "Mr. David Cooper!" It is really too cute. 

In Maleah news:  She just had her 100th day of school this year and was excited about that.  We made her a shirt to wear.  On the front it said "This is what 100 days smarter looks like" with an arrow pointing up to her face.  And on the back was 100 tally marks.  It turned out so cute.  She is still reading like crazy.  She is reading Lemony Snicket's Unfortunate Events series right now and keeps updating me with what's going on.  The problem for me is that she might go two or three days without telling me anything and then on the third day she is surprised why I don't know what she's talking about.  Um, I'm not the one reading it, so I'm a little lost.  But that's okay, I just let her tell me all about it like I know exactly what she means.  She has been sewing things by hand and made a bag this past week.  I was impressed.  She got her hair cut into an even shorter bob than before.  It looks great.  We all love it.

In Jason news, he went to third shift for two weeks in January.  We all survived it as well as our marriage.  He is back on days, thank goodness.  He is doing fine.

In my news:  Hmm.  Well, I had a cold for a week or so and completely lost my voice.  It seems as though every time the kids get a cold I just lose my voice.  It is so annoying.  Me with no voice + Jason who can't hear me even on a normal day = insanity.  Actually, it was very sitcom-ish.  I am back to normal now.  I went to the eye doctor for my yearly checkup and ended up leaving with bifocals.  I feel so old!  I couldn't see squat before so I knew there was a problem but boy oh boy can I see now!  It is awesome!  I can see everything.  I can honestly say that I am loving these bifocals!  I had my haircolor done too and covered up all my gray.  Man, 2012 was hard on me.  I think I aged 10 years.  Thanks a lot Mini Coopers.

Now on to some pictures...

 
Carissa dancing with her new haircut and her new
blue sweater from Grandma.  She loves it!

What Carissa wants her hair to look like...

Silas' First Haircut!  I have his long hair tucked behind
his ears here so it's hard to see.

He had to be held still. 

He hated it.

What a sad face.

We are torturing the poor kid.

It looks great!  Mommy is happy even if he isn't.

What's more fun than a bath?  A bath while wearing a fireman's hat of course!

Yay!!

After the bath...

He loves mashed potatoes!
 
 
I think that about wraps it up.  I guess we are sort of boring in January.  Here's to a more interesting February!


No comments:

Post a Comment