Friday, January 4, 2013

Happy 1st Birthday Silas Cooper!

Silas turned one year old on December 11th.  He had a great birthday!  We celebrated big time.  On Sunday, December 9th, we had a big party at Oil Belt Christian Service Camp for him.  They have a really big room there and it worked out great.  We had about 125 people come to his party.  My friend Dawn Cox took all of the pictures for me that day.  She did a great job!  Silas loved all of the attention and was so happy and smiley.  There were several people who had driven quite a ways to be with us that day.  We are so blessed to be so loved.  I can't believe our baby boy is one year old already.  We requested no gifts but said that if you feel that you must bring something then to please bring a baby blanket to be donated to the nicu at Mercy Hospital.  We ended up with 68 baby blankets!  We delivered them to the Nicu on the following Saturday.  There were 64 babies in the nicu that day and each baby got a blanket.  The nurses and doctors visited with Silas and were so happy to see him (and us).  Who doesn't like a happy ending??  Silas' first birthday was really special. 

I have a ton of pictures to share from his birthday but I can only get a few to load.  Check back for other posts because I think I will have to put the rest on another post.  Thanks Blogger.  You are the best.  (not)

The centerpieces I made with a little help
from my friend Kim Scarborough.

This table had some of his nicu things on it.

Family pic.

Grandma Debby and Grandpa David with Silas

My Mom and Dad with all four of their grandkids.

Dad and Silas
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment