Sunday, November 22, 2009

It's Christmas Every Day at the Cooper's

Coats, coats, and more coats! The coats have started to roll in and my sewing room is filling up fast. I have a huge pile in there that I've washed and dried and some of the other sorority girls have a lot of coats at their houses too. Isn't that wonderful? Hopefully we will get in some more child-size coats and will have enough at our giveaway day for everyone that needs one! You have until December 12 to get those coats to me!!!


We had several funny conversations around here this week. Maleah spent a few hours with my mom and dad today. My mom informed me of everything Maleah told her while I was gone. After seeing a Harley Davidson go down the road, she told Grandma and Grandpa in a very matter-of-fact voice that "my dad really wanted a Harley but he got Carissa instead." Crack me up! Not sure how she thought that out. Yes, Jason would like a Harley but he wanted Carissa too. Carissa is definitely not the reason that he does not have a Harley Davidson motorcycle.


A couple of days ago, just out of the blue, Maleah told me I should be on What Not To Wear. I said "Umm, okay. Thanks a lot". You could see the little wheels turning in her head as she realized that that was kind of rude. Then she said "oh, you could be the pretty lady who tells people what they should wear." She totally tried to cover it up. Apparently she doesn't like what I've been wearing lately.


Maleah and I decorated the house for Christmas yesterday while Carissa watched. Maleah put her own little tree in her room again. Here is a picture of her and her Barbie tree. It looks so pretty in there! She loves it. Right after we were done with it she went and got some gift bags and wrapped up a bunch of her stuff. As soon as her dad got home we all had "Christmas morning" in her room. Carissa got a new blanket that Maleah had bought for a $1.00 at CVS to give her for Christmas. I assumed she meant the real Christmas but no. She gave it to her last night less than 2 hours after she bought it. She couldn't stand the suspense. I think we will have to take her Christmas shopping on Christmas Eve this year for the gifts that are from her. Daddy got an old white blanket and I opened a green glittery ball and a stuffed octopus. Lovely gifts. She immediately re-wrapped them and put them back under her tree. She wants us to play "Christmas morning" every day. Fun, fun!!


Not much new with Carissa this week. She really has an appetite now and is eating like crazy. She is still oh so close to crawling. It just hasn't clicked yet that crawling would be easier than rolling. She seems very content to roll everywhere. I can't believe she is going to be eight months old on Thursday! Time is going by so fast. This morning in church there was a tiny little baby that was about a month old sitting in front of us. I just kept staring at him and thinking how sweet and little he was and how fast the last eight months have went by. It amazes me how quick they go from that size to Carissa's size.


Jason wrapped up a big week of deer hunting. He has been bow hunting for several weeks now and then this weekend he went with his gun. He has seen several but not "muy grande". He is always waiting on "muy grande".


As for me, I've been busy just being mom. You know, cleaning, cooking, laundry (including five loads of coats), running Maleah back and forth to school, etc, etc. We're all looking forward to a fun week. Maleah has a "feast" tomorrow at school that she is very excited about and we're all excited about seeing a lot of the family on Thanksgiving and over the weekend. Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving too!

No comments:

Post a Comment