Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Boy-Crazy

Maleah is four years old and she is boy-crazy. Can you believe that? She loves to talk about her "boyfriends". She has four now.

She met Jake at her Uncle Craig's wedding over the summer. They were both crazy about each other and pretty much decided to be boyfriend/girlfriend right off the bat. She still says Jake is her boyfriend even though she hasn't seen him since. Anden is her other boyfriend. He is Jake's cousin, coincidentally. He goes to the sitter where Maleah sometimes goes. Then, when she started school this fall she met Wyatt. After the first week of school, she came home and told us she had a new boyfriend and his name was Wyatt Bryce. "Isn't that a wonderful name, Mom??" Umm, I guess. Meanwhile, all I can think about is if it like this now, what in the world are the teen years going to be like?

So last night she came and climbed in bed with me. She does this occasionally (okay, a little more than occasionally). She talks me to sleep. She has a lot to say to me that she forgot to say all day long when she was with me, I guess. Anyway, she whispered to me "I have a new boyfriend." I said "What happened to Wyatt?"

"Oh he's still my boyfriend, too"
"Oh really?
"We were in the hallway at school and I was standing by Ethan and I whispered in his ear do you want to be my boyfriend" and then she just giggled and giggled.
So then I said "what did he say".
Still whispering to me she said "he said yes". (more giggles)
Then she said "I hope he doesn't tell Wyatt". Then she thought for a while. Finally she said "what if they got into a fight over me? Wouldn't that be something? I like them both."

Where does she get this from? She's not allowed to watch half of the things her classmates watch. The kid's never even seen Spongebob Squarepants for crying out loud. Although I suspect Grandpa David might've overlooked the no Spongebob rule at least once. I hope she will always confide in me like that though. She's pretty sweet. Boy-crazy, but sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment