Monday, January 25, 2010

Cash Cab to the Cooper's, please

Hello blog readers! We've had a crazy kind of week around here. When I blogged last week I didn't feel well. I ended up getting sicker and after a trip to the Emergency Room early Wednesday morning I finally began to feel better. I have had a kidney infection and gallbladder issues. I go back to the doctor on Tuesday to find out more about that. But in the meantime I am feeling much much better! So that's good. It's hard to be sick when you've got two little ones. I thank God for my Mom and my wonderful husband who took care of the girls and everything else for a few days. What would I do without them? I don't even want to know.

So, needless to say, no skating for us this week. Carissa started pulling up to things this week. I think she surprised herself as much as she did me. She's a funny little thing. She talks to herself constantly while she is playing. I swear she is Maleah's twin - just four years later. I can not believe two kids can be so much alike.

I had a funny conversation with Maleah this week (well, many actually). She came and told me that she was pretending to be Mady from Texas (a friend of hers) and I was to be Maleah's mom (that's easy enough). She loves to pretend she is other people she knows. So here is how it went:

Her: "I'm Mady from Texas and I came all the way to Maleah's house in a cab."

Me: "Wow! That's a long way to go in a cab. I bet that was expensive!"

Her: "No, not really. It was the Cash Cab."

Me: "Oh. Did you have to answer a question to win a free ride?"

Her: "Oh yeah. They asked me "Where do hearts come from? And I said 'hmmm, Jesus I guess'. I was a big winner."

Me: "Good answer Mady."


Then last night for supper I fixed Shepherd's Pie. It's one of Jason's favorites. While we were eating it Jason asked Maleah "Do you think the shepherds used to eat Shepherd's Pie and that's how it got its name?" Maleah thought about it for a second and then she said "I don't know. Maybe. I'll have to ask God about that." I hope she tells me if she hears back from Him on that one. lol.


She cracks me up! She is always pretending to be somebody else. Maybe she'll be an actress one day. Who knows! She definitely keeps me laughing.

1 comment:

  1. Beth, what a great title for a layout. Where do Hearts come from, Jesus I guess! Meleah is a precious jewel.

    ReplyDelete