Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Just another week...

Well, it was just another week here at the Cooper's. Not much really happened. Our computer is sick. I think it has a virus. It is going into the hospital tomorrow. Please keep your fingers crossed that the surgery is successful and that it gets to come home soon. If any techies out there reading this want to give me any free advice maybe the surgery could be avoided. Just a thought.

We went skating again this past weekend. It is so much fun! We had a blast. I had ordered Maleah a new pair of roller skates earlier in the week from the skating rink and they were in when we got there Friday night. I hadn't told her that I ordered them so she was surprised and very happy. They fit her perfectly and after about the first hour or so in them she started skating really good in them. At first she was just sort of walking in them - sort of a marching type of skate. She wasn't really rolling because they were a bit faster than her old skates. But after she got warmed up, she started skating skating. So she and I held hands and skated most of the night. When she took breaks to eat or play I skated by myself and really got my mojo back. I felt like I was 12 again! I wasn't quite as confident as I was back then but I was better than I was last week anyway. We had a super fun time and I can't wait to go back. Man, I wish there was a rink in our town. It is great exercise. I wish I could skate and push Carissa in the stroller while Maleah was at school. That would be a fun workout!

Carissa worked on her speed this week. I think she is preparing for the Baby Olympics. She can crawl fast! This week she has gotten out of my sight long enough to try to eat/possibly did eat cat food, play-doh, a chicken strip some other little girl carelessly dropped, and a few other things that I was unable to see but she zeroed right in on them. I am considering buying a baby gate to keep her out of the kitchen and all of the other rooms on that end of the house. I have been blocking the kitchen door with a chair and that limits her to the living room, hallway, and her bedroom. I keep the other bedroom doors down the hallway shut. Every time I have done this she sits by that chair and screams and throws the biggest fit because I won't let her into the kitchen. My sweet little "best baby in the world" suddenly has a little bit of a temper. Interesting. I wonder where she gets that from?

Jason's mom gave us a new recipe this week for something called "Arkansas Soup". She really liked it and thought we might as well. So I gave it a whirl tonight. It was good but I think I'd just as soon have chili or vegetable soup. They're my favorites. But anyway, here the recipe: 1 lb hamburger, 1 can chili beans, 1/2 can ro-tel, 1 can mixed vegetables, some onion, 1 can of minestrone soup, and tomato juice. Brown your hamburger and onion. Add in all of the other stuff and simmer. Very easy and pretty good.

Maleah got 6 inches of hair cut off this week. Her hair had gotten so long that I really couldn't do much with it and it just needed cut. After she got it cut it looks so much healthier and less stringy. She loves it too. She says she wished we would've gotten it cut even shorter. I'm not sure if I believe her or not.

Here's a picture of the girls in their coordinating outfits that our friend Jane from Georgia had sent them. They look so cute in them! Every time they wear them I always mean to get a picture of them to mail to Jane and I forget so this time I finally did it. Yay me! And thanks to Jane!

No comments:

Post a Comment