Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Eat, Sleep, Skate

Hey everybody! Sorry the blog is late but I just now got the computer back after its extended hospital stay. It was expected to be in there for 48 to 72 hours. But, it actually took 144 hours (or 6 days). The surgery was a success though and it is running great! Sort of wish I had insurance for that kind of hospital stay though...

So what's new with us this week? Same ol', same ol'. Eat, sleep, roller skate. That's us, baby. lol. I had the great idea to drive to Harrisburg on Friday night and go their somewhat new skating rink and to eat at one of our favorite restaurants there. Jason had to work but Mom and I and the girls headed south for some skating fun. We met our good friend Becky at Peking Palace and were very glad to get to visit with her. We were disappointed that the rest of the Staffords couldn't make it but it was short notice. The Chinese food was delicious too! So that part of the trip was totally worth the drive. But then we headed to the skate rink. What a disappointment! It was not near as nice as what we've gotten used to. It was small and there wasn't anything to do but skate! I know, I know. You're probably thinking "Isn't that what you went there for?" or "What did you expect??". Well, what I expected from this "Family Fun Center" (that is at least 30 years newer than the skating rink we've went to for the last several weeks) was a family oriented, full of activity, happenin' kind of place. What I found was a triple-wide trailer converted into a small skating-rink and packed full of cussing rowdy tweens who all happened to be really fast skaters. There were three parents in the room. One of the other ones was my mom. It was her idea to look around for a few minutes before we paid the 15+ dollars to get in. She is so smart! We didn't stay. We left with a very disappointed four year old. But luckily Fairfield was on the way home. Their skating rink was open until eleven that night. We got there about 8 o'clock so she still had lots of time to skate. It cost us $5 total for all of us to get in there and that included free mini glo-golf and free play area. They have a climbing/slide thing there that Maleah loves. So worth the five bucks! So, lesson learned: don't go looking for greener pastures; the pasture here is pretty nice.

So then we ate and slept some and went back to Fairfield again on Monday. They were having a daytime skate there because there was no school that day. So I rounded up my playgroup gals, whom I miss so much since school started, and planned a get-together at the skating rink. I also invited my friends Tina and Julie, who brought their kids, and Tina invited a friend who brought her kids. All together there were eight moms and seventeen kids in our group. We all had so much fun! I hope we can do it again next month on President's Day. Carissa loves to skate too! How does she do it? Well, she rides in her stroller and I push her on skates. And we go fast! It's actually a very good way to put her to sleep. Lucky for me, they're pretty laid-back at Skateland and didn't mind at all that I was out there with a stroller. How cool is that?

I wasn't kidding when I said "eat, sleep, skate". That's really about it for us this week. Anyone wanting a good workout should come with us next time! Just give me a call or email me at db.cooper1@verizon.net

No comments:

Post a Comment