Friday, February 5, 2010

Big Sister is better, Little Sister not so much

I have lots of news this week.  And it's all about who's sick and who isn't.  We'll start with my kids.  Maleah is better.  She still has a little bit of a lingering cough, but is pretty well back to her normal self.  She went back to school yesterday (Thursday).  She hadn't been there since last Thursday.  As we were walking into the school yesterday she said to me "Mom, do you think they will remember me?".  I laughed and said, "Yes honey, you haven't been gone that long!".  Her teachers were glad to see her and so were the other kids I think.  She was certainly glad to be back.

So now it's little baby Carissa who is sick.  Poor baby has an ear infection.  And she ain't happy 'bout it either!  But she has now started antibiotics so hopefully by tomorrow she'll be feeling a little bit better.  We had a long night last night.  She screamed and cried and kept grabbing her ear.  Before that I thought she just had Maleah's cold.  Neither one of us got as much sleep as what we like.  But we survived.  Hopefully tonight goes a lot better.  I'm tired!  It's just not fair when babies are sick.  They can't tell you what's wrong or what's hurts.

I heard back from the doctor's office this week on the results of my gallbladder function test and it's official.  My gallbladder is not functioning correctly.  I am not surprised.  I knew something wasn't right.  So now I have to schedule surgery.  It's not really what I want to do but I definitely want to feel better.  As it is right now, I feel good but still have some days where I feel awful.  So now I am just looking forward to feeling better!

We had some upsetting news this week.  One of Maleah's friends, a 5 year old named Madison, was diagnosed with bone cancer.  We were all very worried about her and sad to hear about her diagnosis.  She is the one that Maleah went with to Chuck E. Cheese's last week and the one we inadvertantly exposed to Maleah's bad cold.  Her leg had been sore for several weeks and after several trips to various doctors, they were told that it was Ewing Sarcoma.  She went back to the doctor today (Friday) to get the last of her test results and to possibly start treatment.  I found out this afternoon that the doctors told her parents that she does NOT have cancer after all but that she does have a staph infection in her leg.  So we were very thankful and overjoyed to hear that news.  Praise God for that!  I am a little confused though and am wondering why on Earth the doctors told her parents she had cancer if they weren't 100% sure.  That is every parent's nightmare and I'm sure it was incredibly scary for them and for little Madison.  But thankfully, she will now just have to have the infection treated and doesn't have to worry about starting chemo.

Right now Maleah is enjoying her first John Wayne movie with her Dad.  She thinks Rooster Cogburn is hilarious.  Too cute!  Hopefully, she just doesn't repeat some of their language.  : )

Well, I have to wrap this up.  Maleah thinks she left her purse in the car and she needs it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment