Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Na-Na-Na-Na, Hey, Hey, Goodbye Gallbladder!

Sorry the blog is a few days late.  I haven't felt like writing a thing.  I had my gallbladder surgery yesterday and I lived to tell about it.  So here goes...

I was kind of stressed out about the whole thing and considered "rescheduling" it more than once.  But my lazy little gallbladder was in there to remind me that waiting was not an option.  So, I headed into the surgery center bright and early Tuesday morning.  The nurses were all very kind and reassuring.  They put me at ease and helped me to relax with the help of some really good drugs.  I usually do not get stressed about going to the doctor or about pain but in the past I've always been handed a beautiful baby girl afterwards that made all of the pain worth it.  This surgery didn't seem natural to me all.  Do you guys remember that scene in "The Goonies" when Stef says "Umm, Brand, I think, ummm, that God put that rock there for a reason, and ummm, he doesn't want you to move it."  And then Brand moves the big rock and all of those bats fly out of that tunnel into all of their faces!?  Well, I felt that God put that gallbladder there and what if I needed it later and it was gone?  But luckily, they took it all out and no bats flew out or anything.  In fact, I'm already feeling better.  I am very sore but I feel better today than I did yesterday.  And hopefully, I will continue to feel better each day after this.

Carissa has still been sick.  She has been a very needy, very fussy baby during this whole getting-ready-for-surgery, having-surgery, and post-surgery week.  That hasn't made it any easier on me for sure.  She is on her third antibiotic and it finally seems to be helping.  She hasn't been as fussy today and her runny nose and cough are better too.  It is so hard not to pick that sweet little thing up.  She needs her Mommy and I can't pick her up.  She is a little confused by that and luckily her Daddy is here to take care of her needs.

Maleah has been a great help this week.  She is our constant source of entertainment.  She has been looking at her picture Bible for the last 10 minutes or so and singing us the stories.  Very entertaining.  One song goes something like this "The King is sleeping, the mommy has brownish-blondish hair and is soo pretty, everybody stomp your feet, it is party time!  Oh yeah, the King is sweet but then he grows up.  He's all grown up!  He's all grown up!"  I can't tell you what tune this is sung to.  She keeps switchin' it up.  Again, very entertaining.

Jason has been everyone's caretaker this week.  He's been a busy guy.  I'm so thankful that he is such a good husband and father.  I don't know what I'd do without him.  He went to Walmart a to pick up a few groceries and came home with new t-shirts and pants for the girls.  Well, let me tell you what!  That is the fastest way to Maleah's heart!  She can totally be bought with clothes or shoes.  He had two happy little girls when he started passing out the t-shirts.  Maleah put her outfit on right away and Carissa wanted to chew on hers.  But oh well.  They were both happy!

I don't know where I'd be without my Mom either.  I owe her a big thanks too.  She took care of the girls for us yesterday and has been a big help around the house.  It's a good thing she actually enjoys doing laundry because I had plenty of it for her to help with!

Thanks everybody for your prayers.  I am so glad to be able to put this all behind me and am happy to be on the road to recovery.  With any luck, the blog will be on time next week and be full of funny stories and cute pictures of my kids again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment