Monday, February 1, 2010

Good news and bad news...

Well, the good news is that I'm feeling better. Yay!! I felt much better this past week than the week before so that's great. I even felt good enough to try out a spin class today. I am beginning to wonder if I'll even be able to walk tomorrow. Yikes! It's only been a few hours and I'm already sore.

The bad news is that now Maleah is sick. When she left school on Thursday of last week the teacher told me that she was pretty sure that Maleah had Pink Eye. The doctor confirmed that she did indeed have Pink Eye on Friday. By Saturday she had two rounds of antibiotics in her and wasn't considered contagious so she went to a birthday party. I noticed that she coughed a little off and on Saturday but she didn't cough at all that night or Sunday morning. She had been invited to go to Chuck E. Cheese's with her friend Madison on Sunday afternoon. So I let her go. By the time she got home that evening she was coughing constantly and sounded horrible! I felt bad that I let her be around other people. Had I known that she would be coughing like that, I definitely would've kept her home. So now it is Monday night and she is still coughing like crazy! Poor kid. Hope she feels better soon and I really hope her sister doesn't get it.

Here is one of the latest pictures of Carissa.   She is so darn cute!  She is turning into quite the little talker.  She says  mama, dada, bye-bye, baby, and bah-bah for bottle.  She really has her B words down pat.  I expect her next word to be "no" because she's really been hearing that one a lot lately.  She loves to dance!  She moves her body back and forth and grins.  So cute!!

Last week we had our sorority meeting at my Mom and Dad's house and Nikki hosted a Murder Mystery Dinner.  We each got invitations and were told to come as rock stars.  My invitation said to come as Tina Turnaround (Tina Turner).  I had always always wanted to go to a Murder Mystery Dinner but never expected that I would also get to participate!  There were 12 rock stars that were invited.  We were a few girls shy of 12 because a few of our sorority girls couldn't come so my Mom and two women from her sorority filled in.  It was so much fun!!!  Oh my gosh.  We had the best time.  Our group included Madonna, Annie Lennox, Mick Jagger, Elton John, Sheena Easton, Tom Jones, Jon Bon Jovi, David Bowie, the girl from Abba, Kate Bush, and Freddie Mercury.  Here are some pics of all of us dressed for our parts and one of me as Tina Turner.


Well, I'm going to head off to bed now.  That is if I can get out of this recliner.  Maybe I should take a hot shower first and several ibuprofen.  I am seriously hurting here people!  Please use the comment section below as a sign-up sheet for those who can babysit and cook for my family for the next few days.  lol.  Just kidding!  I hope I won't be that out of commission.  Maybe spin class just isn't for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment