Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Oh, funny girl!

We've had a pretty funny week around here.  Maleah has really been on a roll.  I really need to carry a notebook around with me to write down the stuff she says before I forget it.  I've been saying that for four years though and haven't done it yet.  It's not looking like it's ever going to happen.  But who knows!?

For those of you who keep up with me on Facebook, you've already heard this first one.  Maleah always likes to talk about "what-ifs".  So she is always thinking about what we are going to name a baby if we were to ever have another one.  I am not pregnant but she just likes to talk about it.  She told me this week that she really likes the name "Crystal Bowersox for a girl because it is a beautiful name" and for a boy she still likes the same two boy names that she had picked out if Carissa had been a boy - either Mark Weber or Michael Phelps.  She just loves those two names and likes to say them a lot.  Funny kid.

She also told me that she is not going to have kids when she grows up.  I asked why.  She said in a very matter of fact voice, "because I'm not ever going to move out.  I'm always going to live with you and Daddy."  Okay.  I should've recorded that so I could play it back to her when she's sixteen.

Right now she is wearing a ballerina outfit with tutu, a pink necktie, a tiara, two green St. Patrick's Day barrettes, and carrying a trophy.  She is standing in front of the tv (where we will be sure and see her) and saying "I'd like to thank my friend Amber and all of the people for making me the winner of this great dance competition."  Then she bowed.  Her tiara fell off.  She doesn't even have a friend named Amber.  She forgot to thank the Academy.

Tonight we went to Applebee's for supper.  It was delicious!  We told the waitress that it was Maleah's birthday this week and they sang to her and brought her dessert.  She was so excited!  She sat there and smiled and giggled while they sang.  It really made her night. 

Carissa has quite a few new words in her vocabulary now.  But one of the cutest ones to hear her say is "mine!".  She says it with complete authority and confidence.  Even though Maleah was talking in sentences at age one I don't think she ever really said "mine!".  She didn't have to.  There was no one there to say it to.  Carissa, on the other hand, makes it known that some things are her's and hands off!  My other favorite word to hear her say right now is "grandma".  Pretty cute.  She picks up the phone and says "Grandma, Grandma!!" so sometimes I go ahead and dial up Grandma Debby and it thrills Carissa to hear her voice on speaker phone.

I had some pictures to add this week but I keep getting an error message and can't get them to upload.  I will try again next week.   One is of the two girls in the "Schwinn" or at least that's what Maleah calls it.  It's actually a double jogging stroller.  I've been walking Maleah and Carissa in it when I take Maleah to school and then back again to pick her up later.  It's quite the workout!  Maleah loves it!  Carissa tolerates it well.  She doesn't get quite as excited but that's okay. 

On Friday we went shopping for birthday presents.  Maleah is getting a new loft bed for her birthday.  Unfortunately, we had to order it.  We found one but they didn't have it in stock.  It was a long drawn out day of furniture shopping that just didn't feel very productive at the end of the day.  She did manage to entertain one of the furniture salesmen enough that he told us we should put her on tv.  I could totally see her doing commercials or something.  But maybe all parents think that about their kids?  I don't know. 

Carissa got a new necklace.  She now has a "Carissa" necklace that matches the "Maleah" necklace that Maleah wears every day.  I was a little disappointed that Carissa's seems a little bit smaller but there's not much I can do about that now.  It is still very pretty and looks adorable on her.  I wish I could post a picture of it!!  Errr. 

I should have a lot to report next week after Maleah's birthday party on Saturday.  She is so excited about it.  Her friends are going to be there and she can't wait to skate with them.  I hope to have a lot of pictures on here next week! 

1 comment:

  1. It has been nice keeping up with ya'll. I am glad you are keep up with a blog. You stay on top of it much better than I. I am a couple of months behind. Way to go! I hope the girl's birthday parties are a blast. Daisy's 1st was! Toodles!

    ReplyDelete