Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Baby Steps, Baby Birds, and a Beautiful Butterfly

So, what's new with the Coopers this week?  Well, not much really.  Last week I wrote about how Maleah was sick.  She started feeling better on Friday but I ended up with it on Sunday.  It was pretty short-lived though so I was feeling better by Sunday night.  We're all hoping and praying that we're done with sicknesses in this household for a long time!  We've had a bad run of it lately. 

I did make it to my scrapbook crop on Friday night and Saturday and had a great time with my friend Holly and the rest of the scrappin' girls.  Nancy at Precious Memories put on a great crop and I even won a prize and got a t-shirt.  But the best part is that I'm all caught up on my scrapbooks again.  And that, my friends, is a good feeling.  For those of you who don't scrapbook, just trust me on this one.

The big news today is that Carissa took a step all by herself!  Just one step, but she did it!  After that she dropped to her knees and continued her journey on her knees, which is her preferred method of mobility these days.  I am going to try to take a video or her doing this and I will post it next week.  Most people that have seen her knee-walking say "I have never seen a baby do that!!".  She's an original.

These are a few pics of Maleah that I took this week.  On Monday night we went to the circus that came to town.  I didn't really enjoy it that much.  Maleah was just sort of into it.  Most of the acts were too long for her attention span.  Carissa was not happy to be there at all.  Maleah did get her face painted like a butterfly and she loved that part the most.  Overall, it was just an okay circus that took waaaaayyy too long.  Luckily, for us we sat by the door and I was able to walk around a little bit with Fussy Pants (aka Carissa).  She would be much happier if she would just learn to walk.  She desperately wanted down and did not want me to hold her.  But you can't let a baby crawl around in a dirty circus tent.  Here's the best part about the whole evening:  I talked Maleah into leaving at intermission!  Yay for us!!  How did I manage to do that?  Well, it's all thanks to the Mama Killdeer Bird that laid it's eggs in my parents' driveway.  We have been patiently waiting for those eggs to hatch for a very long time and they just happened to hatch the day of the circus.  So when I got the text at the circus from my Mom saying they were hatched Maleah was ready to hit the road and go see them.  Talk about perfect timing!  I saw a church sign this week that said "Coincidence happens when God chooses to remain anonymous".  I love that.

No comments:

Post a Comment