Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A Million Thank-You's (or Dank-Doo's)

So what's new with us this week?  Well, I'll tell you one thing.  A certain someone is still not walking!!  I really felt like it was going to be any day this week but that child is stubborn (she gets that from her Dad, not me).  She really likes walking on her knees.  That's just her thing.  It's cute but her poor little knees are bruised and calloused.  Plus, by the end of the day they're dirty and that's just gross.  I try to keep my floors clean but apparently I'm not doing that great of a job in that department.  Blogger is not letting me post a video of her walking on her knees for all of you out there who have never seen a baby do that before.  And that's probably all of you.  I have yet to meet anyone who has ever known of a baby who did that.  Anyway, I'll try to post that video again later.

I went on a shopping trip with the sorority girls to Evansville this past weekend.  It was a lot of fun!  We all got pedicures and manicures and ate at The Olive Garden.  Yum!  We got our shopping done and had a great time!  I came home that night but the other girls all spent the night in a nice chalet in Burdette Park.  Sometime during the night the storm sirens went off and they all had to run to a nearby storm shelter.  I am so glad I missed that part and was home all safe and sound in my bed and under the same roof as my babies. 

Sunday morning I woke up with a cold.  I know, I know.  You are thinking "you guys are always sick!" and it has certainly seemed like that lately.  I am better now and no one else has caught it.  I am praying that they don't.  We have had enough sicknesses!! 

Maleah only has one week of school left!  Yay!!  I am excited about that!  It will be so nice when our days are not interrupted by pre-k.  I take her to school each day and in the blink of an eye it's time to go back and get her.  It just gets old.  I think that I'm going to love it when she is in Kindergarten next year.  I hope she loves it too!!  She is pretty nervous about it and is convinced that she is going to hate it, have a teacher not near as nice as the one she has now,  that she will have to take a nap at school, that she is going to have to ride a bus, and the list goes on.  She is a kid that really thinks about things.  She'll probably fret about it all summer.  I wish she wouldn't but I bet she will...

I have been thanked more this week than I have in my entire life I think.  What for, you ask?  Everything!!  It's Carissa's favorite thing to say right now.  So she is constantly handing me things and saying "Dank Doo!".  She hasn't quite grasped the concept of saying it when you give her something - sometimes she does, sometimes she doesn't.  But she always says it if she hands you something.  Sometimes she just looks up at me and smiles great big and says "Dank Doooo!!!"  I have no idea what she is thanking me for but I like to think that it is for being a great mom and taking such good care of her.  But who knows!?  I wish I could know what she was thinking.  She is probably just thanking me for sending Maleah to school for two hours a day. 

Oh, and she also said "french fry" this week.  It was so cute!  She is turning into quite the little talker.

So, I am proud to announce that I have now lost over 30 pounds! Woo hoo!  Yay for me!  I have only five more pounds to lose until I meet my goal.  It hasn't been easy, that's for sure but I'm so glad that I've done it.  I feel so much better.  Weight Watchers definitely works and it has showed me a healthier way to live.  I really look at it as a  lifestyle change and not a diet.  Their plan is so easy and I'm so glad that I decided to give it a try.  I think Maurice's is really glad I decided to do it too.   The sales lady even sent me a personal, handwritten thank-you note.  Wow!  What does that tell you?  Losing weight and buying new clothes that fit is definitely not cheap. 

Sorry for the lack of pictures this week.  I will post some new ones next week!  Hopefully one of Miss Riss walking!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Kay! Love ya and have fun in Gatlinburg! Maleah wishes she was going with you! She loves it there.

    ReplyDelete