Monday, April 5, 2010

Our Terrible Easter Weekend

So our Easter weekend didn't go as planned.  It all started on Friday night.  After a nice dinner at Anthony's celebrating my brother Brad's birthday with my family, Maleah and  I left town and headed to Fairfield to go skating.  We had a great time but then we got a phone call from Jason saying to head home because Carissa was very sick.  The poor little thing had been throwing up since I had left.  She was perfectly happy and healthy when I left for Fairfield but by the time I got home she was dehydrated.  Her breathing was very labored and noisy and that really scared me.  So at 10:30 that night I loaded her up and took her to ER. That's when I found out how dehydrated she was and how babies sometimes breathe like that when they are really sick.  They decided to admit her and gave her an iv (it broke my heart to watch that).  She threw up most of the night and then woke up with terrible diarrhea.  It is so unfair when babies are sick.  It was a long night and an even longer day on Saturday.  She continued to improve though and was released late Saturday night.  I'm writing this on Monday morning and she still doesn't feel that much better.  She has thrown up a few more times so I'm keeping a close eye on her and really trying to push the Pedialyte.  I don't want to end up back in the hospital with her.

So then on Sunday morning, I woke up very sick.  I'll spare you the details but will say that I had the same symptoms as Carissa.  I stayed in bed all day and tried not to move.  Disaster struck when I did so it was best not to.  Jason took care of the girls.  I didn't get any Easter pictures.  The girls loved their Easter baskets and hunted eggs in the living room.  I missed all of that.  At noon my Mom came and picked up Maleah and took her to the Oestreich Easter dinner and egg hunt.  That made Maleah very happy.  Later that night I got a phone call from my Dad saying that my Mom was sick now.  Uh oh.  I feel pretty guilty about that.  Sorry Mom!!!  By Sunday night I was feeling better so Jason went to work.  He came home a few hours later because now he is sick!  Uggh!  Will this ever end?  Probably not till after Maleah gets it and that hasn't happened yet.  That will be dramatic to say the least.  Please say a prayer that we all start feeling better and that Maleah doesn't get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment