Monday, October 25, 2010

Elle Woods: Cutest Car in Town

Sorry this blog update is so late but I have a good reason for it.  Our favorite laptop died last week.  They were unable to resuscitate her at the hospital (Yes, it was a girl laptop, why not?  Everything in this house is female except for Jason).  She was so young too.  Only two years old.  In computer years, that's sixty-five.  Her hardware just up and quit.  She went quickly.  I guess that's good?  Anyway, we have a newer younger model now.  I think I'll name her Harman because that's what the monitor says right beside "Toshiba".  You guys know I love to name my appliances, cars, etc.

Speaking of cars...  I now have a name for the Mustang.  She is now known as Elle Woods.  Thank you to Bethany for thinking of the great name.  The original Elle is from the movie Legally Blonde and she loved pink, in case you are lost and wondering what on earth I am rambling about now.  Since I have not posted pictures of Elle Woods yet since she was all pinked out, I will now.  Thanks to Lance for doing an awesome job with that. 





I have been busy sewing again.  I have been working on some cute shirts and also some really cute aprons.  My booth at Robin's Corner is looking good and I have it filled with aprons and squeaky shoes!  That is the surprise item that I mentioned a couple of weeks ago.  They are toddler shoes that squeak with each step.  They encourage toddlers to start walking, plus they are great for keeping track of where your kids are.  I ordered a pair for Maleah when she was one because she was such a late walker.  I was ready to try anything to get her to start walking.  She got tons of compliments on them and they were really cute.  I kept them and Carissa wore them too until she outgrew them.  Then I found Carissa a new pair a few months ago and I was constantly having to tell people where I bought them.  So I just decided that there might be a little business idea in there somewhere and voila!  I now sell squeaky shoes. 

We had a surprise 60th birthday party for my dad on Saturday night.  It was a lot of fun.  We had it at the Elks and we all crowded into a corner of the back room and yelled "surprise" when he walked in.  He was truly surprised.  He had a lot of fun seeing some people that he hadn't seen in quite a while.  Maleah and Carissa had fun visiting Avery, my cousin Ryan's little girl.  I think those three little girls might be quite the trio one of these days.  The cake was so yummy too (thanks Lora!!)!  It was just an all-around fun night.




Since I was unable to post last week I didn't get a chance to tell you all about Hillary and Kevin's wedding.  It was absolutely beautiful and she had the two cutest flower girls ever!  One of them was Maleah, the other was Kevin's niece Madelyn.  She and Maleah are the same height, same hair color, same attitude, same everything.  They were so cute together.  They did their duties perfectly and had fun.  I think most of the fun came after the ceremony though.  Those two girls danced and danced and danced.  Until midnight!!  We all had a great time.  The bride was gorgeous and the whole wedding just went so smoothly.  I know a lot of work went into it and it really paid off.  Here are a few of the pictures I took. 







We have been so busy!  I still feel like I'm leaving out some stuff, but oh well.  Get ready for next week!  Halloween pictures!!!  And you'll never guess what Maleah is going to be!  Carissa is going to be pretty cute too but her costume is sort of common.  Maleah's - not so much.  Have a spook-tacular week!

No comments:

Post a Comment