Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Introducing "Positively Adorable"

Hey all!  Has this weather been wonderful or what?  I love, love, love it!!!

We had another fun weekend and Maleah was in the Little Egypt Parade in Salem with her Das-zle team.  She had a lot of fun riding on the trailer with her friends and yelling cheers.  In this picture she is sitting near the front and facing the camera.  After the parade we went to a weiner roast at Forbes Lake campgrounds and visited with my parents and their friends Mike and Paula Hufford (yay!  you did make the blog!).  We had hot dogs, chili, and s'mores.  Yummo!

I wanted to show you what I've been up to.  I have been really busy in my sewing room/scrapbooking room making all kinds of cool things.  I am feeling super crafty these days.  My friend Bethany (check out her blog listed on the right side of this page) has been coming over on Mondays and we spend the whole day making things.   We've gotten so much accomplished!  I have fallen in love with my Cricut all over again and have been cutting fabric like crazy.  I also have renewed my love affair with my sewing machine (Baby Lock Espire - the best ever!).  She's a few years old now and has been slightly neglected since the arrival of Carissa Faith.  But she still loves me and I have decided to name her Lydia - after one of the most famous seamstresses in the Bible.  Okay.  It's really the only one in the Bible that I can remember but I bet those other girls knew how to sew too.  Eve, for sure.  Don't you think?  The biblical Lydia was in the tent-making business with her hubby.  I realize most people don't name their sewing machines.  This reminds me that I am still trying to think of the perfect name for my white and pink Mustang.  Any ideas or suggestions?

Here is the jacket that I "made" for Carissa.  It's actually a Wal-Mart jacket that I put her name on and added a few other things.  The next picture is of the back of it.  I love it.  She hates it.  She can't hardly to stand to wear any jacket.  I have to zip it or it won't stay on her.  I hope she doesn't learn how to work a zipper any time soon.



I made this shirt last night for Maleah.  It says "K2 Rocks".  Her class in school is Kindergarten 2 or K2.  She loves it.  I love it.  She doesn't try to take it off. 






I made this jacket yesterday for Maleah.  Okay.  Well, I embellished it.  The jacket itself is from Old Navy.  I got it at a rummage sale and made it better.  I think some people might call that "upcycling".  I'm not sure though.  I have a tool called "Cheri's Cool Tool" (google it) and it puts on all of these crystals.  Think Bedazzler, only better!






 Okay, and here are my next creations.  Aprons!!  I have been busy making these vintage-style aprons.  Aren't they super cute?  I love them!  I have several made up and will be taking them to Robin's Corner later this week.  So if you're a local reader, keep a look-out.  For those out-of-townies, Robin's Corner is a local consignment store where a lot of people display their homemade crafts and such. 





The name of my booth at Robin's Corner and the name of my new little side-business is Positively Adorable.  I will be selling my aprons and ... oh the suspense is killing you, isn't it?  I will announce it at a later date.  It's not something I have made.  Just a product that I really like.  It's on order.  So if it ever gets here, I will tell you.  Otherwise I'm going to keep it a secret until then. 

Ta-ta!!

No comments:

Post a Comment