Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Romantic Hugs Are Sick!

We are so busy!!  Sorry that I skipped a week on blogging but I am a busy woman, let me tell ya.

Okay, the last time we talked Carissa was into calling herself Map.  She still is.  No change there.  Other incredibly funny things she has been doing include singing in a high soprano voice "Baby, Baby".  I think this is her take on Justin Bieber.  She has also been speaking in a few short sentences (i.e.  "me go" or "I do").  Today Jason gave me a hug and then she came up and gave me a hug too just like he did.  Sparing you the details, I'll just say that his hug was a little more romantic than how we hug the kids.  So she hugged me like that too.  Then, as she was walking away, she said "Sick!"  It was funny and I have no idea if she meant that like I took it.  If you ask her how old she is going to be, she says "two" and tries to hold up two fingers.  That is hard for her to figure out and usually she holds three fingers up because that pesky little ring finger won't stay down.

Maleah finally lost her tooth.  I paid her five dollars to let me pull it.  It was so loose that when she smiled it stuck out over her bottom lip.  It was hanging on by a thread and I was sick of it.  It was sore because she kept trying to eat with it that loose.  That made her not want to pull it even more.  So, when all fails, I bribe her.  It worked.  I pulled it so fast she didn't even know that I had.  After about ten seconds she quit crying (pure drama) and started laughing and jumping up and down.  She was soo excited!  She looks adorable without her teeth!  I have only taken one picture of her without them though because my camera has been lost and it didn't turn out well.  I promise I will post one soon!

Yes, so my camera has been lost.  It is now found but it was gone for a good two weeks but more like three I think.  Why do I do that?  What is wrong with me?  I think I'm going to put some bright stickers on it and maybe that will help.  The thing is black as night and it gets lost in dark places.  I was desperate to find it the other night so my Mom came over and helped me search.  Lo and behold she found it in a pink tote bag that I hadn't carried for weeks.  Thank you Mom!  In the meantime I missed lots of great photo opportunities.  I wanted to take before pictures of my sewing room.  It didn't happen.  I'll take one when it's all done though.  You can count on that.

I made the curtains for the room today and the carpet was laid last week.  Jason is going to install my new countertop this week and  move my big ol' heavy cutting table in.  It's actually an old drafting table that I got for free at a rummage sale.  Nobody else wanted it.  It weighs a TON!  I think it may be made of slate or something similar to a pool table.  Jason hates it with a passion because it is big and heavy.  I love it with a passion because it is the perfect cutting table and it was free!  I am so excited to get this room done!  It is going to be great.  Carissa  has been hanging out in there this week sorting about a hundred different 4" fabric squares over and over.  She piles them up and looks closely at each pattern.  I'm not sure what her system is but that fabric will keep her quiet and still for longer than any toy in this house or the tv.  She is a woman after my own heart, what can I say?

The old sewing room is going to become Jason's room.  Originally I had planned to make it a toy room but that changed.  We (okay, HE) decided that he needed some space too.  No, I'm not making him sleep there or anything but he is going to put all of his hunting stuff, deer heads, etc. in there.  He has a lot of stuff too.   It really does make the most sense.  Why didn't I think of it??

This past weekend I went to Bloomington, Illinois for a Christian moms conference called Hearts at Home.  I listened to a lot of good speakers talk about parenting.  It was informative and exhausting.  I drove up there with my friend Bethany and a new friend named Mandi that I just met that day.  We stayed with Bethany's sister-in-law and her family near Bloomington.  Us girls stayed up too late on Friday night, then we got up too early on Saturday, and then we got home too late on the night of the time change.  I was so tired!  I'm still recovering.  This mama is used to getting a good night's sleep.  The conference was fun and much to Maleah's disappointment, I did not take a cooking class.  She had asked that since I was going to be taking classes, would I please take a cooking class?  "Not that you're a bad cook or anything Mom, but maybe you could learn to be a little bit better?"  She was hoping I could learn to make chicken n' dumplins like Cracker Barrel's.  I did not.  Unfortunately, that class was not being offered.  In it's place I took Parenting A Strong-Willed Child.  Bring it on Carissa.  That's all I have to say about that. 

Today my Grandma Rose had surgery to repair two broken vertebrae in her back.  The surgery appears to have been successful but she still has a weak spot in her back.  This is her third back surgery for broken vertebrae.  The fractures are caused by osteoporosis.  She has been in a lot of pain.  Please pray for her that she will recover and not be in pain anymore and that no more vertebraes break.  We all love her so much and none of us want to see her hurting. 

The time change is totally kickin' our butt around here.  We are all sleeping later in the mornings.  It has been so hard to get Maleah to school on time.  I wish my body would hurry up and adjust and I wish Carissa's body would never adjust.  That kid is sleeping until about 8:30 now instead of 7:30 on school days.  If the house is real quiet she can sleep til 9:30.  I love it.

Speaking of sleeping, I better go do it...

No comments:

Post a Comment