Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Caution: Construction Zone Ahead

I am working on something exciting.  I really can't wait to show it to you.  There is one problem though.  There is a lot of work ahead before I can. 

I am turning the family room into my sewing room.  I am turning the current sewing room into a toy room.  I am flip-flopping these rooms and it isn't going to be easy.  Both rooms have a lot of stuff in them.  All of this stuff is going to have to be moved into some other part of our house while space is cleared for it to go in it's new room.  You want to know the worst part?  I still can't bend over and am having trouble getting around without some help from a friend I like to call Aleve (and sometimes her cousin Naproxen).  I also can not lift anything heavy.  This presents a problem, now doesn't it?  Who is going to do all of this work??  Our friend Randy is coming over on Monday to lay the carpet in the new sewing room so it's not like I can just put it off and do the move another time.  And Jason can't do it all by himself.  So, any volunteers out there who enjoy a lot of heavy lifting (think gun cabinet, lots of books, tables, etc) and boxing up fabric?  I didn't think so...

I love the idea of my two finished rooms being nice and neat and tidy.  But I hate the "getting there" part.  It is going to be a mess!  I promise to take before and after pictures and post them soon.  But here's a hint as to how the "after" is going to look:  zebra print rug.

This past weekend Jason and I and the girls celebrated my birthday.  I know, I know, my birthday was three weeks ago.  But it took us that long to get a table at Lonestar.  Okay, not really.  But it's really irritating to me that everyone eats at Lonestar for Valentine's Day on my birthday weekend.  It was too long of a wait with two little starving girls when we were there last time.  You remember the story?  Three different drive-thrus instead.  Well, anyway, Jason made up for it and we had a wonderful meal at Lonestar this time.  Carissa screamed some, ran some, and refused to eat but my meal was great and we had a good time.  Carissa's behavior is just a given in restaurants these days.  It doesn't bother me.  It probably did bother the young couple that sat behind us and were discussing a very "awesome party" that they both had a great time at the previous evening.  But if it did, I don't care.  They'll understand one day.  Oh, and we had a gift card (thank you Brad and Nikki) so that made it even better.

And then after that Jason took me to buy my birthday present.  I could've gotten it closer to my birthday but I was doing some research on which one I wanted.  Want to know what I got?  Is the suspense just killing you?  It was... (drumroll in the background) A NEW SERGER!  I know half of you don't even know what that is.  So let me tell you, it is kind of like a sewing machine but it's not.  Just google it.   I can not wait to get started with it and whip up some pretty cool little projects.  I am very excited and it was a super nice gift!  We had to drive all the way to Carbondale to get the one I wanted.  The girls were a little bored on the way but overall they did fine.  Maleah loved the fabric shop we were at and even found herself something that she put on her birthday list.  So, my new serger will sit right next to Lydia (my other machine, in case you forgot) and she will need a name too. (Yes, sergers are female.)   I am taking name ideas, so if you have one that goes well with Lydia, speak up. 

Carissa is still Map.  She's not quite as insistent as she was as first though.  I'm considering changing her name from Map to Swiper.  Tonight at church she was sitting by her little friend London.  He is just a little bit younger than her and he was eating cheese.  Carissa loves cheese and she kept trying to swipe his cheese!  London's mommy, Bethany, called Carissa Swiper and I thought that it was perfect!  She can be very sneaky.  You better watch that one...

Maleah has a super loose tooth that is driving her nuts.  I expected that thing to fall out days ago and it is still there - hanging on by one or two roots.  She can wiggle it every which way and she says it hurts to eat but it won't come out.  She is frustrated and broke.  She wants the money. 

Jason's Mom and Dad brought us a dozen cookies this week and they were delicious.  Unfortunately, I have eaten more of them than anyone else.  This is bad for my Weight Watchers plan.  Real bad.  We also went to a birthday party at church on Sunday night and Maleah won a cake.  It was equally delicious.  And probably equally as fattening.  Guess who has eaten more of it than anyone else in the house?  Yes, that's right.  Me.  I have got to get this stuff out of my house.  Swimsuit season is right around the corner!  So if I look fat this summer, remember, it is NOT MY FAULT!!!!

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment