Tuesday, March 6, 2012

He Is Coming Home!!! (March 6)

HE IS COMING HOME!!!  Tomorrow is the big day and Mr. Silas will be headed to Flora.  I am so excited to finally be able to bring our baby home and for all of us to be under one roof together.  The girls are super excited and so are Jason and I.  Everything looks good for tomorrow's discharge and hopefully nothing happens between now and then to change it.

Silas is doing awesome and eating a ton.  He eats a little over 2 ounces now and is getting into a 4 hour schedule instead of a 3 hour schedule.  He has made a lot of progress with his eating over the last 48 hours.  The oxygen made all of the difference in the world.  These nurses and doctors really know what they're doing.  Tonight's weight was holding steady at 5 pounds, 10 ounces.

There's a side of me that is a little sad about leaving.  Please don't take that wrong though.  I want Silas home more than anything but this place has been a huge part of my life for the past three months.  I have become friends with some of the nurses.  I love the doctors, the janitors, the receptionists, the cuddlers (retired folks who volunteer their time to rock the babies who need rockin'), and everybody else!  I love the fact that I know my way around this huge hospital like the back of my hand.  I know where the good food is and where the bad food is.  I know how to get around the heart hospital, the children's hospital, and the main hospital.  I know shortcuts and which elevators are slow.  I know which bathrooms are cleaned at what time of day and when to hit them at their cleanest.  I know where to find the best parking.  I know how many towels it takes to completely cover the shower room floor so that I don't have to touch it with my bare feet.  I guess my point is that it is just going to be weird to NOT be coming here anymore.  It's going to feel strange to leave and walk away from all of it.  Strange but good.  Very good.

Tonight I am going to try to get a good night's rest.  It's probably the last one I will have for awhile.  I will try to post homecoming pictures tomorrow night if I'm not too tired.  Oh and I know many of you want to come and see Silas but we are going to be living in a bubble for awhile so you might want to wait until cold and flu is season is over.  We also aren't going to be taking him out much either so if you are lucky you might see him this summer.  haha!  Just kidding, we will have him out and about before that.  I promise to take lots of pictures of him though!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment