Thursday, March 1, 2012

Thursday (March 1)

Silas is doing great.  They did the blood test to see if it indicated that he would need the oxygen for a while longer or if it looked like he could come off of it soon.  It looked fantastic!  The doctor took him off of the oxygen immediately.  That was on Wednesday morning.  He was doing good so I headed home like usual on Wednesday.  After I left he decided that he was done with his feeding tube as well and pulled it out.  The nurses didn't re-insert it since he was doing so well with his feedings.  He has continued to do well and is taking all of his bottles and not needing any oxygen.  He is a rockstar!

Meanwhile, on Wednesday I started feeling worse and ended up with a full-blown sinus infection again.  So not fair.  I called the doctor and started another round of antibiotics.  I am hoping to feel better very soon because I am getting ready to bring my baby home!

Originally, they had said that Saturday was a possibility.  The doctor has decided though that she doesn't want him to leave until at least Tuesday.  She wants to make sure that he doesn't need to go back on the oxygen and can continue to take his bottles and not get worn out.  He has also lost weight instead of gaining it because he is working so hard with the eating thing.  He is burning more calories than he is taking in.  They have added a little extra something to his bottles to help keep from losing any more weight.  But by it being at least Tuesday before he comes home, that gives me a little extra time to feel better and rest up.  Jason and I are going on Saturday to take another class.  But this time it is a private class with a therapist training us how to use the at-home monitor that they are sending us home with.  He will wear it while he sleeps or if he is just lounging around the house.  It will go off if he has any apnea episodes and I am actually very thankful for that.  I think it will give me enough peace of mind that maybe I can get some sleep. 

Anyway, please say a prayer that our little man continues to do well and that I start feeling better so that I can take care of him and everybody else.  Also pray that I did not give him any germs when I was there.  I am so paranoid that I will make him sick.  Also, please pray for the city of Harrisburg that was hit by an F4 tornado.  I grew up in Harrisburg and that town holds a special place in my heart.  The damage there and in other nearby towns is unbelievable and my heart aches for those who lost loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment