Monday, June 30, 2014

Flora Depot Variety Show 2014 - Laugh-In

Maleah and I were in the Depot Show again this year.  It was tons of fun.  We really do enjoy doing it.  I am not a great actress but I have fun with it.  This year the theme of the show was Laugh-In and was based on Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In from the late 60's, early 70's.  (If you haven't seen it before, check it out on youtube.  It is really funny.)  The cast of our show is about the same from year to year and is a really fun group of people.  We all have a blast.  Dave Billingsley is a photographer who is also in the show and he takes a ton of pictures during the practices, dress rehearsal, and the two nights that the show runs.  So all photo credit goes to him.  This year I played Betsy Ross in a scene and in other scenes I was just myself, only dressed for the 60's.  Thanks to Donnita Lewis, Lisa Erbacher, Brenda Ruckman, and Brandii Newby for help with all of my costumes and wigs.  I really appreciate it!  Maleah was the "Sock It To Me Girl" and when someone sang "Sock it to me, sock it to me," she had to run out there and really "sock it to them!"  She had a ton of fun.   Each year she has a small, non-speaking, part.  She is the only child in the show so she is happy to at least have a small role.  She is "paying her dues" until she can maybe one day have a part that requires her to speak.  :)

The wigs were the best part.

Maleah as a blonde.


Perhaps this is the right look for her...

Maleah likes to pose and Dave likes to take pictures
so there are a lot of pictures of Maleah.  :)

Berdella and Maleah

Who doesn't love a wig?

Maleah, posing again, while the rest of us work


Practicing a little Betsy Ross smile



Dress rehearsal with George Washington


Maleah socking it to Judy Mann



Maleah kept herself busy in the art room (which doubles as our dressing room)
before and after the show, and in between scenes.

How about those hot pink go-go boots?




Me and George Washington (Bill Thompson)

Betsy and George

 
Me and George, aka Bill


Just sewin' on my flag...

Me, Dave Billinsley, and Doc Bunnell

Berdella McGrew and I


Bill Atwood and I

Berdella, Bill, and myself


Me and Doctor Bunnell

No comments:

Post a Comment