Monday, June 30, 2014

The Prettiest Flowers in Town

So, I have the prettiest flowers in town, yet again.  (Hey!  This is my blog.  I can say that!)  No, I haven't been named Yard of the Month by the Garden Club or anything but I will say that my hanging baskets are amazing again this year.  I really do think they are the prettiest hanging baskets in town.  I buy my flowers every year at Zimmerman Greenhouse in St. Peter, Illinois.  It is owned by an Amish family and their flowers and bigger and better than any other place that sells flowers.  True story.  It's worth the drive.
They were at their peak a few weeks ago but are still looking good!

Maleah with some artwork that she made about hermit crabs.

Speaking of hermit crabs, one of Maleah's hermit crabs died this morning.  She has had three crabs since March when I brought the crabs home from my girls' trip to Nashville.  Now we have two crabs.  I threw it away.  I didn't feel like flushing it was a good idea and I don't know why.  So, I just threw it in the trash. Maleah was a little sad about this but I told her we could still say goodbye.  This is what she did as a final remembrance to her crab.

So what else is new with us?  Well, not a whole lot really.  We have just been chillin', chillin', mindin' our business.  We are really looking forward to our 4th of July holiday weekend.  Hope you guys are having a great summer like us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment