Monday, August 16, 2010

Dreams Do Come True!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Hi all. Maleah has something exciting to tell you. She got all of her hair cut off!! She's been wanting to do this for about two years and I kept putting her off. But her persistence paid off and she got it chopped. She said she wanted it cut to her chin and I agreed to let her try it. The good news is that is it looks absolutely adorable and I love it every bit as much as I did when it was long. She has gotten loads of compliments on it and a few of her friends didn't even recognize her right away at her tumbling class. Plus when Jane cut it she put temporary hot pink streaks in it that thrilled Maleah beyond belief. (I forced her to wash her hair after three days.) These are direct quotes from Maleah that she has said to various people since getting it cut: "I feel like a movie star!", "I feel like I'm at least 16!", "It's my dream come true!", "Dreams do come true!", "Can you believe it? It's me, Maleah.", "Do you recognize me??", and a whole bunch of "I got my hair cut off!!" and "I love it!!". Each one of these honestly deserves about twelve exclamation points to be an exact quote because that's how much enthusiasm and excitement she had when she spoke. But to save blog space, I just used one or two but you get the drift. She was very excited.

I have realized that it only takes one episode of "Hoarding: Buried Alive" on TLC to put me in the mood to clean. After watching several episodes in a row last weekend I was on a complete house-purging roll. I cleaned out all of our closets, drawers, cabinets, etc. I am not a pack-rat and like to get rid of things. I do this at least twice a year but it amazes me every time that I have so much stuff!! It is really unbelievable to me that I can accumulate that many things in six months or so. Crazy! So anyway, big rummage sale at the Cooper's next weekend. BIG!

I took advantage of the state's deal on no sales tax on school supplies and clothes this past week and went shopping. Geez, didn't I just say that I didn't know how I accumulated so much stuff??? Anyway, Maleah needed a few things for school so we went. Yes, Carissa got some things too. Yes, I did too. But anyway, the girls got the cutest new pajamas and I wanted to get a picture of them together in them. Thanks to digital cameras (I am adding that to my best inventions ever list today) I can take a million pictures until I am sure that I got a good one. I usually take at least ten or twelve shots of them every time I take their pics and then just show you guys the good ones. But today I am going to show you all of them because this is a good example of how hard it is to get a good shot of them. Someone is always giggling or moving or breaking out in dance or talking or pulling the other's hair or pouting.





































































































I don't know anyone else, other than these two, who can pull off the zebra-pants-look quite like they can. Have a great week everybody!








2 comments:

  1. I love the p.j.'s!! They are super cute! I understand the trying to get a good pic with kids, it is nearly impossible the first try!! I saw a few that were cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bethany! Hey, I've been missing your blog updates! What's new with your family?

    ReplyDelete