Tuesday, August 24, 2010

No more evening ice cream for her...

Well, it's almost ten p.m. here and Maleah is still awake.  In bed, but awake - on a school night!  I put her to bed at 8:30 and she has been laying there for almost an hour and a half.  What's the problem?  She was so sleepy at supper that she could hardly hold her head up.  She was also whiny and sort of crying because she was so tired.  But then, Grandma Debby gave her ice cream.  A-ha!  The culprit.  I'll blame it on the ice cream instead of Grandma. 

We went over to Grandma and Grandpa's tonight to pick apples.  Grandpa David's apple trees are loaded!  We picked a five gallon bucket full and another gallon bucket full and we hardly put a dent in them.  The girls had fun doing that.  Carissa had a lot of fun eating the apples.  I'm not sure how many Grandma will find with teeth marks in them.  Hopefully not very many.  But she is sneaky so I'm not sure. 

Maleah had fun picking apples for a little while but then she lost interest when she remembered that another nearby tree had fuzzy leaves.  So then she got another bucket for her fuzzy leaves.  She picked a bucketful of those too.  I asked her what she was going to do with them and she said that she might make a compost.  Then later she said that "it was an experiment".  She added water and a few lilies and I don't know what else and had some kind of something going on.  She got dirty and she had fun.

Carissa got sidetracked too but not by fuzzy leaves.  She was interested in Grandma's fountain.  It looks like an old-fashioned water pump and has a bucket hanging that fills up with water and then dumps out over and over.  It is fascinating to Carissa.  Well, actually all the kids that visit love that thing.  She got dirty and she had fun.

So after all of that we stuck them both in Grandma's big tub.  They played and swam (the tub is big and they are little) and both of them smelled like a million bucks when they got out.  They got clean and they had fun.  So then I had two clean and very sleepy little girls.  Then came the ice cream.  Oh well. 

We had a fun weekend.  On Saturday, we went swimming at Uncle Craig and Aunt LuAnn's house.  The girls had a blast and we all had a good visit.  We always have fun with them.  We also went over to Grandma Sherrel and Grandpa Clarence's house for supper on Sunday.  Sherrel fixed a great meal and then for entertainment we all went outside to see Craig "drive" his new remote control car.  It was super cool and went like 45 mph.  It scared Carissa to death though.  She just clung to me.  I think it was the noise.  Both of my girls are very sensitive to loud noises.  At least Maleah is getting better about it as she gets older.  Anyway, it was a nice relaxing weekend with family.

My big news is that I finished my B90X program!  Yay me!  It was my 90 day Bible reading program, in case you don't remember.  But I am proud to say that I finished it in 84 days.  Woo hoo!  I had given up Facebook during that time and changed my computer time to reading time.  I think I needed the break from Facebook anyway.  I am so glad I did it.  I really learned a lot. 

Maleah is still liking Kindergarten.  They're studying colors for the next two weeks.  Yesterday was Red Day and today was Yellow Day.  All of the kids are supposed to wear the color of the day.  She came home on Monday knowing how to spell "red" and "stop" and she sang me a song about red.  She didn't say too much to me about yellow today.  Tomorrow is Green Day.  Not the band (I'd show up for that!) but the day to wear and study the color green.  Here she is all ready for Yellow Day.



I'll leave you with the quote of the week:  "Mom, you're a great mom for being 31."

No comments:

Post a Comment