Saturday, August 7, 2010

The Tooth is Outta Here!!!

Another exciting week with us.  Another first...

Maleah lost her tooth!  So, you're probably thinking "Oh my gosh!  I bet that was dramatic!".  Because any of you who know her (or have even met her) know that she can be incredibly dramatic.  She screams  if she skins her knee so surely losing a tooth would cause the neighbors to call the police.  But nope.  She did awesome!  The tooth fell out and she didn't even know it.  It was really loose so I told her to eat an apple.  By bite number three the tooth was barely hanging in there and she said it hurt and it was bleeding.  So I gave her a Kleenex and told her to hold it against her tooth.  So she did and she took the tissue out of mouth to show me how bloody it was and there was a tiny little baby tooth stuck to the tissue.  I said "Maleah!  That is your tooth!".  She was like "It is?".  Then she just started laughing like crazy.  She was so excited!  She couldn't hardly go to sleep that night because she was so excited.  The anticipation was almost as great as it is for Santa.  She was that excited.  I was sitting in the living room after she went to bed and I could hear the occasional giggle coming from her room after I tucked her in.  The tooth fairy left her a dollar bill and four quarters and even let her keep her tooth.  She put it in a gift box from the jewelry store and is very proud of it.  If you stop by to visit, she'll probably show it to you.  Just a warning. 









She posed for me after she lost the tooth.  She looks so cute when she smiles and you can the see where her tooth used to be. 

Here's a cute picture of Carissa.  This headband stayed on for less than twenty seconds - just long enough for me to snap a picture.  When Maleah was a baby and had bows in her hair or barrettes in her hair I would have other mothers say to me things like "Oh, how do you get her to leave them alone?" or "Doesn't she try to take them out?".  I always replied that she didn't and just left it at that but I was always thinking "No, why would she?  I told her not to, so she doesn't.  If you want her to leave them in, you just tell her to leave them alone".  Haha.  I was so naive.  I truly thought those moms were just being too easy on those babies and not making them wear a barrette/bow/hat/sunglasses.  Well, I now have one of those babies who won't leave a barrette in her hair.  Her and I go round and round about that.  We are both extremely stubborn but I am sorry to say that I think she is winning the war on this one.  I've won a few battles but overall she is winning the war.  Even though I tell her to leave them alone and not to take them out she doesn't listen!  Can you believe that???



The girls were sitting together in our big recliner the other day.  They were being really sweet to each other so I decided I had better grab the camera.  Usually if they are within touching distance of each other one of two things usually happen:  1.  Carissa pulls Maleah's hair, Maleah screams, calls her "bad baby", and moves away from her, or  2.  Maleah "accidentally" knocks Carissa over or takes whatever Carissa is holding at the moment away from her.  Sometimes #1 is the cause and #2 is the effect and sometimes #2 is the cause and #1 is the effect.  I am not tolerating this well and I am trying to raise them to be loving and kind to each other.  I have no idea if I am succeeding at this. I guess time will tell...  Anyway, here they are sitting and laughing together.







Update on my B90X program:  I am almost done!!!  Woo hoo!!  I have about 20 days left!  I am finally in the New Testament.  Yay!

What else is new with us?  Well, we finally got a DVR.  I know.  I think we were the last people in our age group who didn't already have one.  But hold onto your seats because the Coopers have moved out of the stone age and are all caught up with the rest of the world (not including my parents or Jason's parents, who are the last people in their age group to not have a DVR).  Maleah is excited because we can now tape Arthur, which is one of her favorite shows and we always seem to miss it.  I am excited because now I won't have to make one of the hardest decisions in my life:  Idol or Biggest Loser?  I can watch them both!!!  How cool is that?  Jason is excited because now we can record Top Shot, which is a reality show about men and women who compete in marksmanship (is that the correct word?) for about 6 weeks.  It's sort of like Survivor and each week someone has to leave.  They shoot lots of different kinds of guns, archery and other random weapons.  Jason could sooo do that show.  I wish he would and win us the $100,000 grand prize.  Too bad he doesn't have 6 weeks of vacation.  Do you think his company offers a "reality television leave of absence"?  Have you guys ever seen the quarter that I keep on my keychain?  He gave it to me when we were dating (yes, that long ago).  He can throw coins (and other random things) up in the air with one hand and shoot a hole through it with the gun in his other hand.  Pretty tricky!  He is a good shot and I'm willing to bet he could win that show if they'd ever let some good 'ol boy from Southern Illinois on there.  But I think they like to pick military men and policemen with HUGE egos.  Oh and the host of the show is Colby from Survivor.  Maleah and I are both huge fans of his.  She thinks he's handsome.  She has good taste.



Maleah came to me the other day and said that she has decided that "when I come out with my first album, I'm going to call it Bird in My Hands."  Okay.  I have no idea where she got that but isn't it interesting that she thinks about things like that?  She mentioned it to me in a very serious tone and I could tell that she had put a lot of thought into it.  And, by the way, she had absolutely no doubt that there would be an album one day.  It's totally a given in her mind. 

She also asked me the other day where the Jordan River was.  I told her it was in Israel (it is, isn't it?) and she asked how far away that was.  I said "really far away".  She said "as far away as the Duggars?" (they live in Arkansas).  I said "Oh yeah, waaayyy farther than that.  All the way on the other side of the world".  She said "which side?  This side? (looking to her left, out the car window) Or this side? (looking to her right, out the other car window).  Hmmmm.  I told her I had no idea but I thought you could get there from either side.  I think I need to bring the globe upstairs and give her a lesson on geography. 

No comments:

Post a Comment