Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Ol' Hamster Head, Revisited

So the tooth fairy showed up here again.  And this time she left two dollars and... Are you ready for this?  A lip gloss!!!  Woo hoo!!  She's a nice lady, that tooth fairy.  Maleah lost another bottom tooth and it was a surprise to all of us.  We all knew it was loose and I thought it would fall out a long time ago but I kind of gave up hope on it because it never seemed to get any looser.  But we were both surprised when we were standing in the kitchen and it fell out onto her hand.

She had been casually chewing on a rubber bracelet while talking to me.  I guess that's possible anyway - to casually chew on a bracelet.  Haha.  Anyway, she was just standing around talking and occasionally putting this new green girl scout bracelet in her mouth and lo and behold when she pulled the bracelet out the tooth came with it.  The look on her face was priceless.  She was completely stunned.  She said "Um Mom?  I think I just lost my tooth."  I said "I think you're exactly right."

She had the new girl scout bracelet because she joined the girl scouts!  Yay for her!  She is excited and was surprised to learn that they did more than sell cookies.  She thought that was all there was to it.  She told me that after the sign-up meeting.  I thought that was funny.  "You mean they do things other than just sell cookies?  Hmmm."  She thought it over and was fine with that.  Crafts and visiting with other girls is right up her alley so we're good.  But she is also all about selling cookies.  I have a feeling she will be good at that.  She is a natural salesperson.  There is no doubt about that.  Plus she knows half the town.  So, fair warning all you blog readers - Maleah will be selling cookies this year.

Carissa has been busy getting into trouble this week.  She grabs things she knows she shouldn't have (examples:  ink pens, remote controls, telephones, etc) and runs with them as fast as she can and hides behind one of our living room chairs.  She thinks that we don't know she's there.  She is a terrible listener.  She doesn't listen to a dang thing I say.  It drives me crazy.  Her sister followed my every word from a very early age.  Carissa just doesn't care.  So she's been getting into trouble for not listening to Mommy.  By "trouble" I mean that she gets scolded.  She doesn't like that and it hurts her feelings.  You can always tell if you hurt her feelings because she looks down at her hands and walks around slowly like she's the saddest little girl in the world.  She won't look up for anything.  She is so cute even when she's been in trouble. 

In other Carissa news, her hair and her vocabulary are growing.  I am convinced that she can say anything she wants to - she just chooses not to.  Because occasionally she'll say a big word just plain as day.  And then she gets this look on her face like "Oh shoot!  Now they know I can talk!"  I don't think she's going to be able to keep that secret much longer.

On my last blog entry I posted a picture of Maleah on her first day of pre-k last year.  If you thought she had changed a lot in the past year, check out these pics of Carissa.  Wow!!  Babies change so much in the first year!  I wish I had a scanner because I would love to show you guys some of Jason's baby pictures so you could compare them to Carissa.  And I would love to show you a picture of him at age 6 so you could compare it to Maleah now.  It is unbelievable!  There is no denying they are his kids, that's for sure.  They look exactly like him.






And while I was reminiscing over the pictures from last year I found the funniest picture ever.  It's one of my faves.  I think I blogged about it when it actually happened but it's so funny I could blog about it every week.  This is the picture of Maleah and the hamster that Grandma Debby and Grandpa David got for her from Cracker Barrel.  It was pre-zhuzhu pets but it is basically the same thing as a zhu-zhu pet (if you know what those are) but it doesn't make all of the different noises.  It has tiny wheels on the bottom that make it go and Maleah held it up a little too close to her head and it wound itself right up next to her scalp.  It was there to stay.  She came and got me while I was in the shower to show me what had happened.  Her Dad had told her to go get her Mom.  I don't think he knew what to do with ol' hamster head.  I told her to go get me the scissors and the camera while I dried off.  This picture makes me laugh out loud every time. 



Have a great week and be sure to keep hamsters away from your head. 

4 comments:

  1. First Ol Hampster Head is the funniest picture ever!! I will be visiting here when I am having a bad momment!! Second I love girl scout cookies and we never get sked to buy them, so hit us up!!! I will ask family too, they will surely buy some too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matthew, being a big Kung Zhu hamster fan, thought that pic of Maleah was hilarious! There must be a contest out there somewhere for that!!! Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, Beth! That picture is hysterical. Also, I would like to add to your "best inventions ever" list the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Best cleaning product ever...not counting the obvious vacuum cleaner. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks girls! Bethany, I will definitely hit you up when we start selling cookies. Tina, great idea! Maybe I'll look for a contest and win some moolah for that pic. Megan, how could I forget the Magic Eraser?? Thank you! I do need to add that!

    ReplyDelete