Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Sixteen Days Until Harry Potter!!

Okay, so I changed the theme of this blog to Harry Potter.  It was time to get rid of the Halloween colors.  I could've went straight to Thanksgiving, but why would I have wanted to do that when Harry Potter is right around the corner??  It is the next to the last movie in the series and I can't wait!  I will be one of those crazy people who show up hours before the show to get tickets and I might even be wearing a black robe...

So, what's new with my Mini Coopers?  Well, they have both been cutting teeth.  Carissa has been getting in four new baby teeth (all four incisors) and Maleah has been getting in two new permanent teeth.  Carissa has been having a language explosion.  Although she isn't talking as plain as Maleah did at that age, she is still doing great.  She is a little mockingbird and tries to say everything.  New words this week:  thumb, jump, bread, fork, and many more.  Her favorite words/phrases:  oh, boo-boo (in a sad voice, wants a kiss), spoon (has to have one to eat anything, even bread), Dad, Sister, Mama, Grandma, PaPa, BaBa (bottle, which is actually a sippy cup), hi, bye, and poop (she then goes and sits on the potty seat).  I hadn't really considered potty-training her this early but she definitely is showing some interest, so we'll see.  She has to keep up with Sister, I guess.  In Carissa's mind, she is five years old too.

Maleah has learned to read!  Woo hoo!  It has happened pretty quick really.  She has a good handle on phonics and has known her letters and sounds for a while now but she just suddenly started putting it all together.  We had her parent/teacher conference on Friday and it went great.  The teacher said that she is very smart (although she did not say that Maleah was the smartest kid in the class even though Maleah is adamant that she is) and that she has a lot of friends.  Oh yeah, and she likes to talk.  She also said that Maleah is ready for beginning reader books.  We went to the library later that day and got a couple of Dick and Jane books.  We came home and she read them to me!  How cool is that??  I was so proud of her!!  She is really good at sounding out words.  She is learning so fast.  It's just amazing really.

I always forget to mention Jason in my updates.  I know some of you love him too and want to hear about him.  So here's the update on him:  he's fine.  Ha ha!  He is just fine and it is just not as interesting to talk about him or me as it is the kids.  He's been deer hunting once this year and that's it because he never has time!  If he's not at work, he's busy doing something else with us, so he just hasn't had a lot of time for that.  But hopefully he will soon!  I really don't mind deer season, it's coyote season that wears me out.  It feels like it goes on forever!

There's not really much else going on this week.  I have been getting rested up from the crazy week last week.  I even (gasp!) canceled an appointment I had on Monday to get my car fixed and let Maleah skip tumbling so that we could have a night at home.  We had fun.  While I sewed, she watercolored (is that a word?) next to me, and Carissa played with baby dolls on the floor.  Carissa also played in my scraps and tried to push buttons on my sewing machine, but we won't go into all that.  We had a really nice evening!  Hopefully, the rest of the week will go just as nicely...

No comments:

Post a Comment