Monday, November 29, 2010

Thankful for Daddy and Homemade Noodles

We had a great Thanksgiving.  I was especially thankful that Jason was off of work this year and had the following day off as well.  That was nice.  We had a nice long weekend full of family time.

Maleah and Carissa were especially thankful for noodles I think.  Homemade noodles are their favorite.  Maleah couldn't wait to get to the Oestreich Thanksgiving and eat some of Aunt Janet's noodles.  She and Carissa both thoroughly enjoyed them.  By the next day, Maleah was excited and ready for some of Aunt Kay's noodles at the Cooper Thanksgiving.  They both thoroughly enjoyed them as well.  Someone asked Carissa at the Cooper's "What are you eating?" and she immediately replied in a very matter-of-fact voice "Noodles."  Her whole tone was sort of like "duh!"  What does it look like I'm eating?"  Up until that point, I had no idea that she could even say noodles.  Add that word to her list of new words for the week. 

I am very happy to report that I have most of my Christmas shopping done and it's not even December yet.  I just have a few things left to pick up and know exactly what I need to buy.  I just haven't done it yet.  Now I just have to find the time to wrap it all!  I did manage to get the tree up and the decorations out over the weekend too.  Each of the girls have their own tree in their room and then we have a big tree in the living room.  Carissa can't leave the big tree alone.  She keeps taking off ornaments and playing with them.  She tries to replace the missing ornaments with random other things.  Right now there is a spot on our tree with nothing on it but a few lights and a paper towel that is wadded up.  We probably do not qualify for the prettiest tree in town, but I like it and the girls love it.

The girls are getting really excited about Christmas.  Well, actually Maleah is.  It's hard to say if Carissa really is or not.  She may not really understand right now but I'm pretty sure that she's going to be super excited on Christmas morning.  It will be a lot of fun to watch her unwrap presents this year.  She is going to love her presents!  I hope Maleah does too but I'm a little nervous about one of them.  I didn't buy her exactly the same scooter as the one she wanted because it wasn't appropriate for her age.  I tried to explain to her that it wasn't but she thought Santa would be able to find her one that was a little bit smaller.  Let me tell you, Santa tried.  He couldn't find that exact scooter that was a little bit smaller.  So he bought her one that was a little bit different but the right size.  She said the other day that she really didn't like any scooter except for the one she had already showed me.  Uh oh.  I hope we don't have a disappointed kid on Christmas morning when she doesn't get a full size electric scooter that goes 15 mph and is for girls ages 12-15.  It looks like this:


Cute, isn't it?  It would be until my kid runs it into the ditch at 15 mph and ends up in the hospital.  I have serious doubts that she could even balance on it.  It's basically a small slow motorcycle.  Is it even legal to drive on the street?  I don't know.  I did pick out another electric scooter for Santa to bring that is more her size and it is the kind you stand on instead of sit on.  She is very good on a regular scooter.  I'm not worried about her being able to handle it at all.  It's just not what she had in mind.  Wish us luck with that!

I probably won't be able to write all of my Christmas secrets on here next year since Maleah is starting to read at such a fast pace...

No comments:

Post a Comment