Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday the 13th

Okay, it is Friday the 13th.  This may be a bad day for some but it has always been an awesome day for me.  Here's why:  Jason was born on a Friday the 13th and they named him Jason!  Good thing he was born before the movie came out, huh?  Also, our first date was on Friday, March 13, 1998.  I kept thinking to myself "Why am I going on a date with a guy named Jason on Friday the 13th?"  Haha.  Anyway, it all worked out wonderfully.  So it is no big surprise to me that I got really good news about Silas today on Friday the 13th!

Silas is smiling!  This was taken a couple of weeks ago by one of the nurses.


He now weighs 2 pounds 8 ounces!  That is two and a half pounds now, people!  Yay!!  We have all been praying for growth and progress and there it is!  God is good.  Also, I talked to the nurse today and she said that she had to talk to the doctor because Silas keeps trying to pull the ventilator out of his throat.  He is feisty!  It is amazing to me that he is so tiny but yet is coordinated enough to get a hold of that tube and he tries to pull on it.  He is strong, I'm tellin' ya.  I think he gets that from his Dad.  I probably don't have enough coordination to do that as an adult, let alone when I was a baby.  lol.  So, they are going to give him a little bit of a steroid today to help his lungs and they are planning to take the ventilator out this weekend before that kid yanks it out himself.  God made him a fighter because He knew he needed to be. 

He is doing great with all of his feedings, which are all still through the feeding tube, but he is digesting all of it very well, which is a big deal when they are that early.  Up until yesterday, he had been getting iv fluids and extra nutrition through his iv.  They took him off of that and he is now getting all of his nutrition from the breast milk in the feeding tube.  He will be done with the antibiotic for the staph infection in three more days and then his iv can come out of his little hand.  So hopefully by the end of the weekend, he will be without the vent and the iv, which is a big step in the right direction.  He won't be hooked up to near as much stuff.  He is going to love that.

I can't wait to see him tomorrow.  I've missed my little man!!!

Oh, and I took Carissa back to the doctor today and he said that she just sprained her leg and that it is not broken, for sure.  Whew.  She still walks funny and complains some but hopefully each day will get better for her.

Maleah is on a long weekend from school and she couldn't be happier.  She baked cookies with Grandma Debby today and is one content little kid. 

Have a great weekend everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment