Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Wednesday (January 18)

Silas is still doing very well.  He had a good night last night and a good day today.  I stayed in the room with him on Monday night and Tuesday night and then came home today.  We had a lot of snuggle time.  When I held him today, he just stared at me and looked so happy that I was there.  Shortly after that, he found his thumb and sucked on it a little bit.  That made him extremely happy.  He looked very pleased with himself. 

He is still doing the cpap but they are alternating it with just a nasal cannula.  So, every four hours he gets to just wear a nasal cannula instead of the cpap on his face.  He looks so comfortable when he is wearing that.  He hasn't had any episodes of a's and b's and is breathing really good.  Other than that, he only has a feeding tube.  The iv is gone so really he is not hooked up to much at all.  Progress! 

A few days before Christmas, Silas had his picture taken with Santa.  A professional photographer with the not-for-profit group The Jeremy Project came and took pictures of all of the nicu babies with Santa.  I got the print in the mail today and I love this picture!! 


He was on the ventilator in that picture.  You can see it above him and then it goes down into his throat.  I was asked to post a picture of him with his cpap on too.  This is one of the only ones I have with him wearing it.  I guess I always try to snap a picture when I can see his face better and this thing covers up a lot of his face.  The white hat is part of the contraption and keeps the cpap velcroed so that it lays up against his nose.


Thanks for all the prayers!  They are working, so keep it up!!  We appreciate them all so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment