Saturday, January 14, 2012

Saturday (January 14)

We went to St. Louis today and saw Silas.  Me, Jason, and my Mom and my Dad all went.  We had a really good day and so did Silas.

I held him for about an hour and he kept his eyes open for a long time and looked at me and listened to me talk.  He was so sweet!  But he really really wanted his ventilator out.  He kept moving his mouth around like he was trying to hack it out.  After we laid him back in his bed he kept trying to grab the tube with his hand and pull it out.  He got really mad and his heartrate kept going up.  The doctor came in right after that and said that they had decided to take the ventilator out today!  We were all very happy to see it go.  The nurse took it right out and Silas settled down pretty quick.  He looked so content!  He fell into a nice deep sleep.  I was so happy for him.

His weight is holding steady right around 2 pounds 8 ounces.  He has been eating good and digesting everything.  He looks better and I love seeing him alert and happy.  I had to come back home tonight but I will be going back again on Monday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment