Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Three Pounder!!

He weighs three pounds!  He weighs three pounds!!!  Silas finally made it to three pounds on Wednesday night.  I am so excited!  That is the good news.

Moving right along to the not-so-good-news, he started to have a lot of heartrate drops and desaturations today (a's and b's).  He hadn't been having any of these over the last several days so this had the nurses wondering what was going on with him.  They did some bloodwork and said that he doesn't have an infection and was very healthy.  But his red blood cell count was low again so he needed another blood transfusion.  They started that this afternoon and he will get the rest of it this evening.  I'm sure he will feel better when it's done but in the meantime he doesn't get fed.  He will only get fluids through an iv.  I'm sure he didn't like being poked again.  The poor little guy was probably getting used to not having any needles in him.  So by him not having any food for 24 hours leads me to believe that he could lose weight.  I am preparing myself for him to take a step back but hopefully he won't.  Also, the nurse said that his weight may be wacky over the next few days because the blood might "beef" him up with a big weight gain but then will lose some of it after a day or two.  So basically, I am going to completely ignore his weight for the next few days and hope that he is at least three pounds by Monday.  We shall see.

Other news that is a bummer:  the girls both have a slight cold.  It's mostly just some stuffiness at bedtime but I'm hoping that it doesn't get worse and that Jason and I don't get it.  We have to stay healthy!  I can't stand the thought of not getting to go to St. Louis to see my baby! 

Please continue to pray for Silas and also pray that we all stay well.  We appreciate all of your prayers so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment