Monday, January 30, 2012

Monday (January 30)

I am in St. Louis with Silas and he is just doing awesome!  He weighs 3 pounds 4 ounces now.  And, here is some really cool news, he measured 16 1/4 inches long!  Last Monday night, he measured 15 1/4 inches long, so that means that he grew an inch this week!  One whole inch in a week!  I think that's awesome!  They measure him every Monday night and I was here for both of those measurements and watched the nurses do it.  They measured him three times last week and this week just to make sure that they were correct.  Our prayers are being answered and this baby is really growing now!  I am seeing so much progress and that just makes my heart sing. 

So after he was weighed tonight he had a bubble bath.  I think he liked it.  I know he smelled better afterwards.  There is nothing like the smell of a freshly bathed baby.  Up until this week his "baths" consisted of being wiped down with some special wet wipes.  Tonight was the first night that I had been here for a real bath with warm water and soap.  Here are some cute pictures from bathtime:



He is looking at the nurse.  I think he has had enough.  lol.

After his bath, I held him and he stuck his hand in his mouth and sucked on two fingers (sort of like a little blonde I used to know who now goes by the name Abby Kitley).  After a little bit of that he went to his thumb and decided to suck on that (just like Maleah Rose).  And then, he fell sound asleep.  He was one happy camper.

I have some super cute videos of bathtime but I can't get them to upload.  I will keep trying!!

1 comment:

  1. So so glad Beth. He is so darn cute. He reminds me of a pirate with his right eye closed more often than the left. SO cute. What a fab update. Love all my Coopers!

    ReplyDelete