Friday, December 30, 2011

Friday (December 30)

Hi everybody.  We are back at the hospital tonight.  Silas is doing great.  They took his ventilator out completely and he looks so much more comfortable.  I wish I had a scanner with me because the nurses took the most adorable pictures of him after they took it out and before they put the cpap on him.  There is nothing hiding his face in the pictures and he is smiling!  I love it!

So now he is wearing the cpap again (basically a fan on his face) but he is doing all the work of breathing.  The cpap gives him a little extra pressure in his lungs but that is it.  He is moving in the right direction.  I took his temperature earlier and changed his diaper.  He cried.  I hated it that I made him uncomfortable while I took his temp (under his arm) but I was happy to hear his little voice. 

Right now he is tucked in and snug as a bug in a rug in his bed.  I think Daddy is going to get to hold him in a little while for the first time.  I will take some pics of that and try to post them tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to seeing the pics...Sounds like you had a good day with Silas!

    ReplyDelete