Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Tuesday Evening (December 20)

It's hard to believe but our little Silas is already 9 days old.  He is doing really good.  I got to hold him again tonight for an hour.  He is so sweet.  He just snuggles right into my chest and he is so warm and soft.  The doctor increased his feedings today from 3cc to 6cc - double what he was getting.  He handled it very well and pooped shortly afterwards.  That is really good news.  Hopefully, he will now start gaining some weight. 

Tonight he got to wear his adorable little hat that my Aunt Cheryl knitted for him.  It fit him perfectly and he looked so gosh darn cute.  Here are some pics:







In other news, I am back in the hospital.  I had been having severe abdominal pain since this past weekend.  At first, I thought it was just normal c-section recovery pain and that I was overdoing it - walking too much, trying to just do too much.  I soon realized that something was wrong.  I put a call into the doctor.  They called me in an antibiotic, thinking that I had a urinary tract infection.  But by late Monday night, I hurt so badly that I could not stand up.  It was a very sharp pain like someone was stabbing me.  Jason loaded me up and we headed back to Mercy Hospital in St. Louis.  I wanted to be under my doctor's care and thought that if I was admitted, I would just as soon be admitted to the same hospital as Silas.  The ER at Mercy is as big as the entire Clay County Hospital.  It was huge!  And the staff were so efficient.  Everything moved along very quickly and after three doses of morphine I finally started to feel a little better.  They admitted me and now, almost 24 hours later, I am feeling almost back to normal.  They pumped a lot of antibiotics into me and diagnosed me with a bladder infection and bladder spasms caused by the c-section.  Apparently my bladder was very used to having lots of pressure on it from my uterus sitting on it.  When they pressure was no longer on it, it didn't quite know what to do and it kept going into spasms, which were causing me intense pain.  Thank God for modern medicine is all I have to say.  I get to go home tomorrow and I will be glad to get there.  I still have two little girls who need me, Christmas shopping to do, and wrapping to do.  I have a lot of friends and family (whom I might nickname "my elves" for awhile) who are helping me get things done.  I owe them all a big thank  you!  In the meantime, little Silas will stay here in St. Louis and keep growing.  I will see him again in a few days...

1 comment:

  1. I hope you are feeling better! I love the pics of Silas!

    ReplyDelete