Thursday, December 22, 2011

Thursday Evening (December 22)

Silas had a pretty good day today.  He weighs the same as yesterday.  He is still doing good.  The only thing that has changed today is that he had to have a blood transfusion.  They told us when he was born that it would be something that he may need.  Ninety something percent of babies his size need one in their first few weeks.  The reason is that they use up their red blood cells faster than their bone marrow can help produce more.  Plus the nurses and doctors take blood samples every so often too, and that doesn't help the situation.  We were aware that this might come up and it did today.  It is extremely normal to need this so I didn't freak out or anything.  Although I do feel bad for my little baby.  They don't feed him for 8 hours during the transfusion.  I bet he's hungry. 

I felt really good today.  Praise the Lord for that!  I, along with my helper elves, was able to get a lot done today.  All of my shopping is now done and everything is wrapped.  Whew!  It was a big day and I am tired but it was well worth it.  Now I can relax a little about Christmas and I still have two days to spare.  I am very happy that everything is pretty much done.  Thank you to all of those that helped me today!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear Silas is doing so well. I know it must be so hard to watch him go through these things. But you know he is in God's hands. And there's no better hands to be in. It was so good to see you at Walmart today (that was today, wasn't it?). I've been to Walmart so much lately, it's hard to remember. Wish I could have talked with you more. You looked great! You're all in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete