Sunday, December 25, 2011

A Merry Christmas!

We had a great Christmas.  The girls woke up at 7 a.m. (the earliest they have ever woke up on Christmas Day) and were very excited about their presents.  Santa had left Carissa a red wagon under the tree.  It was the one and only thing she asked for.  Jason and I had bought her a lot of gifts but she didn't even want to unwrap anything.  She just sat in her wagon and was completely satisfied.  Maleah loved her gifts too.  Her favorite gift was a Kindle Fire.  She had asked for a portable DVD player (since she will now be in the 3rd row in the car and thus unable to see the built-in DVD screens) but since the Kindle plays movies and was only slightly higher than the DVD player, I went that route instead.  The other thing that she asked for on her list was lots of lots of books.  The Kindle took care of that too.  She hasn't hardly put the thing down all day.  It was definitely worth the money.

After opening gifts at home we headed to Grandma Debby and Grandpa David's.  We had a wonderful breakfast and then opened gifts.  The girls had a great time and so did Jason and I.  We all loved our presents.  The funniest comment of the day was when both girls opened a present together and both immediately said "BUBBLE WRAP!  Bubble wrap!  Oh good!  Bubble wrap!"  They completely ignored the fact that there was a very nice gift in that box and both started popping the bubbles right away.  I think we try to hard to impress them.  Maybe next year I will get them both a big box of bubble wrap...

We left the girls with Grandma and Grandpa and then headed to St. Louis to see our little man.  He is doing great!  He looked so cute today.  They had his little Santa hat on him.  However, the longer we were there, the more it slipped off.  In the picture, it is barely even on.  He opened his eyes and looked around some.  He was trying to focus on me I think.  And, I swear he smiled at me!  It was so cute!  And I have a witness... my friend Corinne (who is from St. Louis) stopped by to see us at the hospital and meet Silas.  She saw him smile too.  We had a nice visit with her and with Grandma Sherrel and Grandpa Clarence, who also came over to visit with their first grandson. 


Silas in his itty bitty Santa hat.


The shelf in Silas' room is full of gifts!


Everything with Silas is about the same.  On Christmas Eve he dropped back down to 1 pound 14 ounces, but today he was back up to 1 pound 15 ounces.  It's just two steps forward and one step back.  They told us it would be like this so I think that makes it easier to deal with.  I like to be warned or told what to expect.  I hope he has a really great week this week and grows even more.

I didn't blog yesterday because I was just too darn tired.  There really wasn't much to say about Silas, since everything was pretty much the same anyway.  We went to Jason's Mom's and Dad's (Sherrel and Clarence) yesterday evening and had a nice meal.   Then we had a birthday cake for Jesus and sang Happy Birthday.  After that we exchanged gifts with them and with Craig and LuAnn.  It was a fun night and we all truly loved our gifts.  The girls got some really cool toys and were super excited.  Then after that it was back home to get those two crazy girls to bed.  They were wound up and it wasn't easy.  Jason and I finally got to bed at midnight, I woke back up at 3 a.m. to pump breastmilk, and then the girls were awake at 7.  So even though our new baby isn't even home, I think I am getting about as much sleep as if he was. 

Here are some pictures from Christmas:


Carissa at Grandma Sherrel and Grandpa Clarence's


Checking out the new Kindle...


Loved her wagon with the cupholder!


Of course, she loved the boxes more than the presents.


At Grandma Debby and Grandpa David's - her favorite way to smile.


It was hard to get a good picture of Maleah because
she kept jumping up and down!


  I am exhausted so I will say good night now.  Merry Christmas to all of you!!

2 comments:

  1. I sure did see him smile! He is just precious and the hat was so darling! What a great thing for his memory box or scrap book if you get to keep it. Thanks for letting me come to the hospital. It was so great to see you. You look amazing and I am so very proud of the way you are handling everything and really relying on your faith! Praying and hope to see you all again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you all had a great Christmas! Your family is still in my prayers, will be praying for more weight gain for the little guy.

    ReplyDelete