Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Wednesday Evening

Hello again.  I am back online with a new computer.  Thank you to Penny for updating for me last night.  I didn't want anyone to think that something was wrong because of there being no update so I asked Penny to help me out.  Also, a really big thank you to my parents for Jason and mine's early Christmas present of a new laptop.  There was an unfortunate accident last night between the hardwood floor and our old laptop.  The floor won.  But what a nice surprise today to be told that there was a new one waiting for us at the closest Best Buy! 

So on to the update:  Silas is still doing wonderfully.  He has his feeding tube in and is doing really good with the breast milk.  The good news is that he pooped earlier this afternoon so that means that everything is working correctly.  He was able to move food all the way through his digestive system.  That is a big deal so yay for the poop!

He is still peeing a lot so that means his kidneys are working good.  He is still not needing any assistance with his breathing.  He is still under the bili lights for jaundice but that isn't a big deal. 
He does have his Picc line in, which is a single, better, stronger iv in his arm, instead of the multiple iv's that he had in his belly button. 

During the last few times that we have been in his room to talk to him, he usually reaches one hand out and we hold hands while we talk.  It is so sweet!  He will wrap his whole hand around Jason's finger and it just barely covers Jason's fingernail.  I took a picture of that today on my phone (I left my camera upstairs) and unfortunately I don't have the USB cable to download that pic right now.  I will try to get another one with my camera later.

I don't have anything else to report, which is a very good thing.  Everything is going smoothly.  I am being released tomorrow and will head home to see my girls.  I miss them so much and I know they miss me.  It will be hard to leave Silas here but I won't be gone for long and I know that he is right where he needs to be to grow and get stronger.

Thanks again for all of the prayers!

2 comments:

  1. You are an amazing person Beth!! I enjoy reading the updates and will continue to keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers!! What a Christmas gift you all have!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that you are getting to go home and visit with your precious girls! Silas will be in good hands at the hospital. It sounds like he is quite the trooper! So happy to hear of all his achievements.... you guys continue to be in my prayers. Hope you are feeling well Beth!

    ReplyDelete