Friday, February 17, 2012

Friday (February 17)

Silas is doing great.  He had been holding steady at 4 pounds 8 ounces for the last few days.  Last night he weighed in at a whopping 4 pounds, 10.11 ounces.  Yay!  Maleah weighed 4 pounds, 11 ounces when she was born at 34 weeks (which is his age now), so that's pretty cool.   He is taking about two bottles every day and doing great with them.  His other meals are still by the feeding tube.  Taking a bottle wears him out.  They took the nasal cannula off of him but it was only off for about ten minutes.  He started to desat and had a heartrate drop so that put it right back on him.  He wasn't ready to give it up.  He will be what they consider a 35 weeker this weekend.  He is still five weeks from his due date.  I am hoping he is home before that but we shall see. The eye doctor has seen him twice and say that his eyes look great.  No problems at all.  The hearing doctor came and said that his ears are fine as well.  Silas is one amazing little miracle man.

I ended up with a little bit of a cold by Wednesday night.  It has now turned into a full-blown sinus infection.  I am taking antibiotics and hope to be completely well by Monday.  In the meantime, I am not going to St. Louis this weekend.  I am very sad about that.  I would feel even worse if I gave him a bug though.  We were supposed to take our two required classes on Saturday - a cpr class and a discharge class.  All nicu parents have to take the classes before taking their baby home.  Even though he is not quite ready to go home, they encouraged us to go ahead and sign up because the Saturday classes fill up fast.  I was able to get us into next Saturday's classes instead so hopefully we can make it by then.  I also had a photographer from The Jeremy Project scheduled to come and take his pictures on Saturday, but had to cancel with her as well.  I sure hope I get rid of this cough soon!!

That is all the news I have.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome news about Silas!! He is just an amazing baby! I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete