Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Wednesday (February 8)

I hope you guys are as excited as I am about this:  Silas now weighs 3 pounds, 15.4 ounces!  That is soooo close to four pounds!   In other great news, he is now off of the high humidity nasal cannula that was delivering 2 ml of constant air flow to him.  He still has a cannula but it is just delivering a puff of air every so often.  He is tolerating this change just fine.  It's possible that in a few days he won't have a cannula at all. 

We had a great morning together.  I held him and he slept the whole time.  He is so sweet.  It was hard to leave him today but I had to get home because one of my other babies needed me.  Carissa has had a flu bug.  Please be praying that the rest of us do not get it and that we are well enough to go back to St. Louis on Saturday.  She vomited last night but seemed fine today.  She just didn't have any appetite today (but honestly she never does). 

I know you have all been praying for Silas and we are so thankful for that.  I would like to ask you to pray for another baby too.  His name is Hank and he was born about the same time as Silas.  His father is from Clay County and Hank is in a St. Louis hospital too.  He was also premature but not quite as early as Silas.  He is sick right now and could really use some prayers, so please, while you're praying for Silas, please pray for Hank too.  Thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment